How hard is the physical fitness part of the orientation?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by bstrong3, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    My above post is the exact test for TMC, I drove for them up till the end of January of this year

Erik Blazer and bstrong3 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JMurphy1

JMurphy1 Light Load Member

May 3, 2015
    CT
    I did this test for TMC, 1 year and 1 week ago, it is as Gunner mentioned above, however you do need to jump up on the trailer from the floor once you place the tarp on the deck. I actually practiced this same maneuver before going to orientation; what I think makes it difficult is, 1 lifting the tarp and getting it to your shoulder, 2 walking with it maybe 20' and 3...jumping on the trailer.

You can do it.

4. Safari Joe

Safari Joe Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Tampa,Fl
    If you go to columbia,sc youll pick up,unroll/roll 2 lumber tarps. And again with steel tarps then set them back on the dock. The securement training is simple but if you dont have any muscle youll be sent home

5. VaMan

VaMan Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2021
    There is a pdf the recruiter from TMC sent that says and shows that you have to be able to lift your weight to possible shoulder height load and get on top of it. It seems hard for most to pull themself up onto a load at shoulder height using only your arms. Is that realistic? Were you tested on that? Thanks

6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Its not terribly hard. They make you stand next to the middle of the trailer and with using both hands you have to jump/push yourself up on the deck. No running start allowed.

In my orientation I believe only 2 guys couldn't do it, both were big boys...

With the tarp lifting they show you the proper way to do it, even the little guys in class were able to successfully do it.

VaMan Thanks this.
  7. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Who's jumpin , knees and hips shot , thats the job for me.
    With all that chrome what could go wrong.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.