How much did you make your first year with swift ?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by k1221n2, Mar 10, 2016.

1. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Yes, I am a mentor now, but that's only been for the past few months. And that doesn't help much when freight is slow, and we're only running 3 or 4 days a week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    I find that hard to believe that as a solo driver with Swift that you made that much your first year.

4. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    You are sitting 3-4 days a week? Good grief freight is really slow. I imagine Swifts turnover rate is really high now.

5. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Believe me or not, it doesn't matter to me. That was my first full year. I started in July 2013; that was the number on my 2014 tax return.

It's not hard to keep moving in a company the size of Swift. Just build a reputation with the planners as a runner, and be at the pickup and delivery sites at the beginning of the respective windows.

That was earlier this year. There were several weeks this Spring that i had under 2000 miles, and that was with a student. One of the planners who knows how I run was made the chief planner for a new high profile, high mileage dedicated account, and he got me on it.

audeygdad Thanks this.
  6. lahawk252

lahawk252 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2016
    I'm about to start with Swift truck driving school on 08/01/16 in Richmond VA. My Driver Recruiter sent me an email about the starting pay. Running the Regional appx 2 wks out & 2 days home.
    Starting pay is $ .37/mi. And on your 12th month u will get $.39/mi- (appx $800-900 wk), appx $44-48k the first year- NOT TOO BAD!!!!

With Annual Increases up to 15 yrs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.