How much do you guys make delivering beer and soda?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by SouthernThunder, Apr 30, 2016.

1. SouthernThunder

SouthernThunder Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I needed a local job, and took a position at a local concrete company... it was pitched as $18/hr with 50+ hours a week, which sounded good, but in practice I dont work when it rains and its been raining a whole freaking lot lately. I've only been taking home ~$500 after taxes, and I need more like $750+.

Pepsi and several beer distributors in my area are all hiring... how much do you guys really end up making?

I only have a few months driving experience (Class A license, full endorsements).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWester

MidWester Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    I think it really depends on your area but I can give you some info on my area. I know around here Pepsi is the place to stay away from, guys are making close to nothing but are working their butts off. I know a Dr Pepper and a Coke driver. I'm not sure the pay but both seem pretty happy with their jobs so that has to mean the pay is at least decent.

I drive for a beer company and I believe out of the two companies in my area, my company pays a little more. I earn a base salary and then I get 15 cents per keg and I also get a dollar per leg delivered. We work 4 day work week and depending on your route anywhere from 40-50 hours.

If your paid similar to how I am and you have a good route you can make anywhere from 40k-50k your first year or so.

I think what you'll find out though is that it really just comes down to how good the company is in the area that distributes the product.

Good Luck. PS: Peek into some food service also. Usually get paid a bit more than beverage.

road_runner Thanks this.
  4. MidWester

Oct 13, 2015
    I'm sorry I mean 15 cents per case and a dollar per keg.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    stay away from the soda places i dont care what these people say you will never make what the beer guys make and beer is easier to deliver with the exception of more stairs but then you could be like me and be a beast and stairs wont effect you

tucker and Mike2633 Thank this.
  6. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Get on the food side you'll be happier, still hard freaking work though. Decent amount of companies have a 4 day work week being home daily and doing anywhere from 50-90k a year. It's really hard to give an avg but it beats 95% of over the road gigs. Small company I used to work for delivering to Wendy's, Top driver did 87k for the year but he was also a trainer. Doing a 2 driver run that was 20hrs 3 times a week I'd gross 1300 on the high end and this wasn't the best paying food gig either. I'd never do any kind of freight lumping now at less than 1300-1400 wk

7. MidWester

Oct 13, 2015
    You could also look into waste collection work. Driving both class b and class a trucks. Guys around here make some pretty good money.

8. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I don't think I could stomach the smell all day and you end up smelling like a dumpster at the end of the day. I do know some union gigs pay pretty well 60-70k a year

9. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    You go blind to it quick, roll off is not as bad. There is A and B in roll off, not a bad gig at all

10. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    How does that work in your job interview when you tell them that "but in practice I don't work when it rains"?

11. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    I think he meant the guys don't work pouring concrete when it rains, thus the low hours and small paychecks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.