Howell's Motor Freight

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Eazye5664, May 1, 2016.

1. Eazye5664

Eazye5664 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2016
    Worst company I ever work for,they are so friendly,to u until u start complaining about the equipment,I spent more time on the side of the road broke down then driving.I was averaging breakdown issues two or more times a week. And got hurt three times cranking the landing gear,and they act as if it was my fault I got hurt.Please if u.value your safety and your curls stay away from this company.Just a matter of time before someone gets hurt or kill in their equipment. My name is Elton E. I was with this company for two years five months,was not in a good place. I found a great company to work for got a brand new Freight liner 2016. Good luck my fellow drivers, God Bless us all.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
    Reason for edit: no last names please
    Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Ok just curious how do you get hurt cranking dollies on a trl.

4. Eazye5664

Eazye5664 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2016
    The trailers was so rusted that they was hard to turn,we wrote a lot of them up but they didn't fix them until several of use got hurt from them.

5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    It can happen. Throw your back out,rupture a disc,hernia etc. If the gearboxes for the landing gear get condensation/moisture inside it can seize up those gears and make it difficult or impossible to crank the landing gear. I've had it happen on a couple of WE's trailers.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    OK, I can see--maybe--sustaining some type of injury trying to crank stuck landing gear. But THREE times??

Reminds me of the old saying "There's not much to be learned from the second kick of a mule."

Or the third.

TB John and jethro712 Thank this.
  7. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    I had a short employment with Howell's some years back. I think I lasted about a month or maybe 6 weeks. Every Friday I would be up in Mechanicsburg, Pa at Hershey' warehouse and there I would sit for 10 to 15 hours, no pay. Along about the last time, I was picking up a load going to Roanoke, Va and living along 1-81, I just called the wife and she followed me down to Roanoke and the rest is history. No way that I could recommend Howell's Motor Freight to another driver.

8. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

I was offered a job with them before I found the place I am at now..
    I think it was 16 bucks an hour...some loads had to be fingerprinted or driver unload...NO extra pay for that and the trucks looked pretty rough.
    The guy called me several times wanting me to hire on....I told him 16 an hour was just not doable for me.

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Is this Thurston Howell's company?

I can see getting hurt a few times on defective landing gear. You're told to grab trailer 12345, and the gear is defective, complain, and they give you 54321 to take, and it's screwed up too. Sounds like Central Transport.

10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Third times the charm. You may be skeptical of it now but when you get older, that's when people start having issues

11. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Gotcha, cause there's nothing I value more than my safety and my curls.:rr:

Lonesome and alghazi Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.