How's this sound to you guys?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Boattlebot, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Boattlebot

Boattlebot Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2016
    I
    I will. Right now I'm runnin hard on Wal-Mart runs so I barely get enough time to sleep. I'll probably make some more progress when I get the truck back to the shop in a day or two to get my bunk heater fixed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boattlebot

Aug 7, 2016
    Ok, new truck ( still a proshit tho)

I moved my antenna mount out closer to the mirror, but I had a brush up with a shrub and the whip broke off. any recommendations for a new antenna?

Also, due. to the ride quality my Mic was smashed against the door it hangs in front of n my new gear keeper ( got one cud I didn't feel like drilling holes)

Soooooo I could also use recommendations on a mic.(Also anyone know if I can transfer the internals into the stock bear cat houseing? I like the looks lol )

4. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada

How do you barely get time to sleep with wallmart..They run electronic logs and they are supposed to be soooo much safer and allow the driver his zzzzz time..

slim6596 Thanks this.
  5. Boattlebot

Aug 7, 2016
    I've pent more time in the shop then not lately. hence the new rig. it's going back tomorrow. unfortunately but yeah, when I'm rollin, I get back to the dc with about 30 min left on my 14 and I'm rollin out the gate about 5 min after my 10 is up. only upside is a weekly 34. they won't run you on recap.

6. Boattlebot

Aug 7, 2016
    Also I don't work for walmart. I just drag their crappy trailers around. swift has a little trailer on their dc and I work for swift. the walmart dedicated is the only good thing I can say about swift. they will run you. you won't sit (except for a 34) and you make good money. if I can actually stay out of the shop for a week, I'll clear over a grand take home.

7. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    So let me understand here, in less than a week you managed to break antenna whip and stock mic. Did you just snap the whip or break coil off of the shaft? If you like the antenna and eventually got the swr down, you can probably find a replacement whip, if your looking for something new I think I would find one a little bit more sturdy that can withstand a fight with a shrub. You may want to try a 4' Firestick with adjustable screw on top and if hitting objects is a problem buy a 5" spring to mount it on. As far as the mic, from my experience the 980 stock mic produces the best modulation and clarity, so I would buy another stock mic, or if you want to buy a different one the Astatic 636, DP56-B, or Ranger 198 all work good with my980 , or the RF Limited 2018 extreme power mic sounds really good ( Walcott has them) or if your are prone to smashing another hanging mic Uniden makes a wireless mic to be used specifically with the 980.

Boattlebot Thanks this.
  8. Boattlebot

Aug 7, 2016
    Actually it al happened last nite.... I'm relocating my gear keeper

wolverine11 Thanks this.
  9. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I didnt mean to imply that your stuff got broken because of your carelessness, ( it happens)hope you get it all fixed, let us know what you finally decided on as far as a new antenna and mic.

Boattlebot Thanks this.
  10. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Ant i would try a skip shooter..I hear all good nout them..An sr198 might sound a bit flat so my suggestion is a 636..Then again they dont talk as good as they used to even a few yrs ago

11. Boattlebot

Aug 7, 2016
    You good. I didn't take it like that. just tell in ya my luck lol

Think it was a good idea to move the antenna away from the body of the truck, or should I bring it back in a little? I'm looking to get the most possible range I can get. both transmit and receive.

I'm gunna open the Mic up and see if I can fix it becuase I really do like e stock one. it's a good Mic and I like how it looks.

For antenna if i I have to see what the truck stops got.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.