Hypertension

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dr.P, May 30, 2015.

1. Dr.P

Dr.P Bobtail Member

May 30, 2015
    Anybody know or know anybody with current info on Swift's DOT physical procedure?Set for school next week,Fontana.Borderline HBP.At home,I'm good,sometimes at doc's,not.White coat synrome.Does Swift do on-site,or clinic?First day,morning,chance to re-do???Any feedback appreciated...hate to get sent home!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I do not know Swift's exam [process].

However and only some quick advice. Stay away from any AND ALL caffeine beverages for at least 2-3 days prior. DO NOT use any salt, even be aware of salt in prepared foods, like say at Micky D's, and Pizza with pepperoni, and anchovies, I know pepperoni is HIGH in salt, etc, etc, etc.

try and get some exercise, like walking a bit each day.

Dr.P, Long FLD and flood Thank this.
  4. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Want to know how to lower your blood pressure. A dr told me at my last physical. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, hold it, and let out slowly repeat until down. Last time I did this my blood pressure was good enough that after the dr aid took it the actual dr didn't even take my blood pressure.

Dr.P Thanks this.
  5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Swift goes by DOT standards.
    If you are high they will wait 5 minutes and test you once more, and that is it. Pass or fail.
    When you go for orientation it is usually done by a nurse on-site, along with the drug test. Once on the road it might be either at a terminal or at a clinic.

I had mine done at Fontana as well. It was mid morning when I got in, and I was middle of the pack.
    I drank tea instead of coffee for a few days before that, and I didn't smoke before the test.
    I passed that one, but now I'm on bp meds with a 1 year card.

The simplest way is to just get the meds now and accept getting a physical every year.
    It will happen soon enough if you are borderline now, and it will be safer for you and everyone that might be concerned in the future.

Dr.P Thanks this.
  6. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    #### white coat, take L-Citruline. It creates Nitric Oxide which opens blood ways and reduces blood pressure. If your a heavy coffee drinker don't just stop drinking coffee my current job tells us the same thing. Too bad the caffeine withdrawal stresses your system out and raises your bp thanks to it.

Dr.P Thanks this.
  7. Dr.P

Dr.P Bobtail Member

May 30, 2015
    Hmmm...OK thank you all

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.