I applied to Averitt

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Flareblitz, May 21, 2014.

1. Flareblitz

Flareblitz Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, I called dispatch today to see what was up. They told me to try to deliver my load monday and be prepared to probably head to LOU after that. Maybe LOU will either figure this out or send it to the dealership. IMHO they should try the dealership as they probably have more they can do to check considering they're specifically MADE to deal with Internationals.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Hopefully you'll make it down there if that where your going after your delivery. ... Providing you can make that without breakdown. I stand by my last statement about hollerin' for a new truck. :mad: :(

4. Flareblitz

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I plan on telling my fleet manager that if they cannot fix it this time that they need to route me to a new truck. I will give them ONE LAST CHANCE lol

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Your first problem is the International IMO.

Nukem Thanks this.
  6. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    I agree, but unfortunately, new folks usually don't have any choice in the matter of what tractor they get... Now if, like this one, it keeps messing up, and is more trouble than it's worth, the FM might give some consideration to her "wants" and put her in something that is more reliable AND what she likes...

Hopefully her FM is like mine and understands that a happy driver is a productive driver and much easier to get along with. LOL

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Oh trust me I know. I got lucky with the Cascadia I got. Im a bigger guy and needed the room. Well when backing up grades it jumps and knocked off my rigged front right piece of bumper. Had some transmission issues but got fixed pretty quick. Besides what they fixed I was told I would need to get used to the jumping when backing up a grade. Well this weekend (my off time) I got a call from breakdown another driver noticed my APU leaking and it was gas. Breakdown fixed it but couldn't start my APU back as they don't have a key. So when I go in I know I will have to call breakdown for a jump as I didn't cut my batteries off with only two days off as I normally do.

8. Flareblitz

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    New truck(sorta) got a Cascadia now. In pretty good shape. Last dude took GOOD care of it. Only issue was an out of round tire which got fixed.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  9. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Congrats. Did they pitch a fit when you asked for a new tractor or did they just give one up knowing what a POS the International is. :p o_O

10. Flareblitz

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Oh. my fleet manager made them give it to me after the Intertrashional broke down monday.

11. Jeepman1

Jeepman1 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    I have had my current truck....A International since new 13 Prostar...1 Minor issue in 230K. I 've had the POS Volvo,POS Cascadia,POS Columbia and the 387 Pete in the past 11.5 years with AVRT. The only reason Avrt buy Volvo's and Freightliners is because the get them cheap. EFFIN JUNK!!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.