I have a question about an alcohol related ticket. .

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by drakomofo, May 31, 2015.

1. drakomofo

drakomofo Bobtail Member

May 31, 2015
    Heading east on I-80 at the Utah/Wyoming port they smelt alcohol and I got a ticket and put out of service for 24 hour for consuming alcohol within 4 hours before driving. PBT reading was .03 /not arrested.
    My question is. Has anyone personally had this experience in Wyoming, if that makes a difference. And what was your experience and out come? What would you have done differently? (Besides not drink.) And if someone had some helpful advice on how to proceed so I don't get my license suspended or revoked, it would be appreciated.
    I'm contacting a recommended lawyer in Utah on Monday for advice. Stopped here in Grand Jct. Colo. tonight but need to get some sleep now. I never used a forum before so I guess I can check the posts in the morning. Thanks for any and all help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Well no, but don't you think maybe not drinking that close to work time might be a good idea?
    Brush your teeth in the morning might be a good thing as well

4. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    thank your luck stars you just got a ticket and 24 hrs off.

truckon Thanks this.
  5. drakomofo

drakomofo Bobtail Member

May 31, 2015
    Thanks, that is some #### good advice. Thanks again.
    UOTE="passingthru69, post: 4621785, member: 31078"]Well no, but don't you think maybe not drinking that close to work time might be a good idea?
    Brush your teeth in the morning might be a good thing as well[/QUOTE]
    Th

6. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Was it those two ladies working? I couldn't believe it when they told me why I have to come in every time. They are smelling for alcohol or slurred speech. She pointed out 3 trucks that were shut down for that. I was absolutely floored.

7. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    There was a driver a few years back that was hauling gasoline up I-15 north out of Las Vegas NV. They had called him into the scale house there on the north POE AZ and UT. When he went through the door they told him he had set off a detector for alcohol and put him out of service right there. The company had to go get the truck and with another driver had to make the delivery. The whole bad part about this was the season had just started for winter gasoline and the sensors had detected the ethanol coming off his clothes. The company got the driver cleared but had to take some time to do it. Everyone got warned about how messed up the POE was.

8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Once your company finds out you're out of a job too, most likely. Thinking. It's a good thing!

SHO-TYME Thanks this.
  9. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Funny truck stop counter story. No such device exists. A breathalyzer yes, but not something from thin air and your breath walking through a door.

jbee and flood Thank this.
  10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    He was lucky they didn't have a breathalyzer to see how much alcohol he had in his system. LOL

VeganTrucker Thanks this.
  11. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    I went shooting right before I jumped On a plane out of Denver. They swabbed me with these cotton looking things and placed them into a machine. My clothes, hands and luggage and placed them into this machine. They then yanked me out of line and asked if I had any weapons or bombs. I laughed. They didn't. They then proceeded to search me and my belongings. These sensors do exist for drugs and gunpowder. Not sure for alcohol. Doubt it. Especially at a state ran chicken coop.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.