I have read about the false reporting on DAC thought this might help someone

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Big Papaxx, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL

Driver's provide their own evidence to incriminate themselves by providing pictures with the "accident camera" and filling out company accident reports. These are and will be used against you as a a driver. Right or wrong, there really isn't much you can do about it. It's kinda like when a cop pulls you over and asks if you know why, and if you answer honestly, ie "I was speeding", you have just officially put in your guilty plea to an officer of the law.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    The are more and more cases being won for false and illegal reporting every year. There was a judgement against Hire Right/ DAC for 2.6 million dollars awarded in 2009 for violation of FCRA LAW. the law violated was in that it was found Hire Right knowingly allowed false information to be reported by a carrier to DAC and knowing it to be false information allowed it to remain on this persons DAC. Another judgment against Prime in 2013. They were found to have violated law in which they report false and damaging information to DAC/ Hire Right about a former driver. They reported he had abandon his vehicle on the side of the road and quit without notice. The FMCSA/ DOT and a Jury found that the employee did not do either and was at home dealing with an emergency medical condition in which he delivered his last dispatched load and reported to all of his internal personal that he was taking his truck home so he could go to the emergency room. I can supply the actual case information. It just seems that people should know they have rights just as the carriers have rights.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    It's not always about accidents and failed drug tests.

ANY negative entries can hinder ones next job opportunity.
    In my case; (see if this don't blow your mind) Western Express, said I drove for J Mar, and I got canned, and was not eligible for re-hire.

1). I never drove for Western Express
    2). I never drove for J Mar
    3). I've never been canned in my life

It took about half a year (following up with someone EVERY WEEK via phone and email) to fight that crap. It's unbelievable how long it takes to prove I was never even part of those companies.

I most likely had an opportunity to sue AND WIN, because I had proof that the false information was why I was turned down for TWO jobs---in fact, that is how I found out the information was on my DAC...a company that turned me down told me that is why they were passing on my application.

Hind site; I should have sued.

MiRig2017 Thanks this.
  5. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    See and that is why I posted the information is because I think many people don't know what they can do or where to turn..

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    There is nothing, I repeat, nothing that this DAC "cleanup" company can do that you can't do yourself.

All you need to do is to go online and contact DAC yourself; obtain a report and write a letter, via certified mail to the company with any dispute that you might have.

The company will then investigate, and either confirm or delete the disputed information.
    Same as what would happen if you were to pay your hard earned dollars to this crock of a company.

And shame on Truckers Forum for permitting this 'Free Advertising'!

Why is this OK but recruiting on this forum is not?

7. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    dude take a breath. this is not a free ad. I posted it merely because I thought it might help someone. I am more than aware of exactly how to dispute the DAC report as do others. I repeat is is not an add and I have nothing to do with the company I just came across it while doing some research. So if you want to say shame on someone say shame on me... Truckers Forum had nothing to do with it.. But you might want to know what your talking about before you stroke out..

8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    @Surfer Joe there is a LOT more to it than simply sending a "Certified Letter"...obviously you have never dealt with it.
    There is a process with time constraints (much like filing a grievance with a Union). You miss a deadline, you lose. If the company misses a deadline, they lose.
    Companies ALWAYS have time to stay with the dispute, drivers may not. A service like this may be helpful to someone that wants THEM (the service) to keep up with the process for them.
    It takes FOREVER (win or lose) to get through the process if thd company disputes your dispute. Trust me.
    This is a VERY helpful thread...aand that is most likely why the Mod's and Admin's don't consider it "advertisement".
    Going through what I went through the first time, I would consider this service if I had to do if again...because it IS a pain in the rump.

Saturday and Big Papaxx Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If this were considered an ad, it wouldn't still be here.

Big Papaxx and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  10. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    I totally disagree.

And BTW, I HAVE followed the process of which I previously described;
    it works. And it's very simple. And it's free.
    And incidentally, it's your right.

Sending a certified letter that challenges incorrect information works, because the DAC companies have a certain amount of time to respond, legally. It gets the ball rollin'.

And if any company claims to be able to 'remove' any correctly reported (key word here, 'correctly') derogatory information then the only way for them to do so, as opposed to you doing it yourself, would be to either bribe and/or have access to the computers storing the information and making the information kind of 'go away'.

Again, if, after an investigation, the trucking company confirms that the information is correct, the info. will then continue to be reported.
    Period.
    And it doesn't matter who (or what) originally initiated the investigation (other than the fact that if you do it yourself, it's free as opposed to hiring someone to do the same thing with the exact, same results).

I will repeat that there is absolutely nothing that anybody or anything can do that you can't do yourself.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  11. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    It can be done yourself. No one said you could not. But the 1 thing you are not correct about is that yes you can get things removed from your DAC without bribing anyone or having access to anything. The fact is that lawyers have gotten things removed for many people even after the dispute was upheld and the fact that Hire right/ dac just paid a 2.9 million dollar settlement for allowing false information to remain on there report shows that in most cases they will be on the side of the carriers.. Just because a carrier and Hire Right / DAC report something does not automatically make it correct.

Surfer Joe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.