I need help with my CB radio [Going on a long trip to canada Please help!]

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Kovich, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Kovich

Kovich Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2016
    Ok, so my friend recently gave me this Radio here, i ordered on ebay a power plug the other day, and i already have the antenna and mic, Once i got the new plug, (I never used it before) The device did turn on, i made sure everything worked, channels, buttons, etc. How ever, When i tried to radio check. I got nothing. I didnt even hear static, I got my handheld CB and did the same channel. Nothing. How ever, when i click the mic, i hear that distinct *clink* sound and less static on my handheld, Nothing on the cb. The red lights worked, everything. Even the Night time ones for the switches, Here is a photo of the radio, Please someone i rlly Need help with this thing :c Im going on a trip from NJ to Ottawa Soon and i need to make sure i dont get bored as i am going on my own up their with my Boyfriend whos already up their,
    I tested it out on a Ford focus ​

mer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The text above the plug says DC 13.8 v ​

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Pics not showing up for me...Wonder what red light and if you may have the radio on pa instead of radio or if squelch/rf gain is dialed up all the way

4. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Just thinkin..Maybe the radio is shot to...Hit a truck stop and grab a new or refurbished cobra 29..$60-100..Danm good radio out of the box for what you will end up needing..

5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Turn the squelch knob to the left turn the RF gain knob all the way to the right turn the noise blanker off and listen for static with the volume knob turned all the way to the right and if you still don't hear static make sure and antenna is connected to the back of the radio and if you still don't hear static plug some headphones into the back where it says external speaker and if you still don't hear anything it might be time to buy a new radio

6. Kovich

Kovich Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2016
    Can you see the pics? It's a road master RE6000

7. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
  8. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    I don't think your radio will be for much use....airwaves are pretty quiet in Quebec & Ontario

9. Kovich

Kovich Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2016
    On the way up I need it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.