I need my arm rest!!

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Agtrucker, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Agtrucker

Agtrucker Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    New job and a new to me truck obviously. 388 with a 6 way power seat and all that jazz but no arm rests!! I know some of you prefer it for sleeper access but im in a day cab so that doesn't concern me. I could probably make due without the left(door) side arm rest but I need the right side one. I tried pushing in on the side of the seat to see if there was a mount inside the seat and I just need the arm and bolt but I couldn't feel anything... It's the original pete cloth seat.. It has to be possible to add these on without buying a new seat right? I looked for a number on it quick yesterday but didn't come across anything.... Ideas?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Go to a Pete dealership, buy an armrest and put it in. I also hate driving without armrest

4. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Mine is broken which is almost as aggravating

5. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    Mines broken also. It's just as well because it broke me of a bad habit.

Resting my right arm on the rest and holding the wheel with two fingers.

6. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Just realized I don't have an arm rest either. Now I miss it. Thanks a lot driver.
    Any Pete dealer could tell you model of seat you have. Buy an armrest at any business that sells that type or save money and order direct from factory, maybe.
    Should be a label somewhere on your seat. Armrest should just bolt in the side.

7. Riprap

Riprap Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    Saginaw, MI
    I'd be wary of getting seat parts from the Pete dealer, a few months ago I had a magic marker leak in my back pocket that I didn't realize until I saw my seat. It was a National seat so I called NS customer service and told them what I need but they said I can only buy it thru Peterbilt. I call Pete and this is what cost me for that piece of the seat.
    image.jpeg
    My advice is to buy a whole new seat for what they'd charge for an armrest

8. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Pete sure has that higher standard of billing. Paying for the name.

9. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Chiropractor told me not to use arm rest so I took it off and shoulder issues went away .. I was putting too pressure on it running down our rough roads now I'm use to it being gone I haven't bothered reinstalling it

10. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Sell it to the OP.;)

Agtrucker Thanks this.
  11. Agtrucker

Agtrucker Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Haha...i would say I put hardly any pressure on it, just as it's called a place to rest my arm on... As it is now with my arm just hanging out there my shoulder and neck have been on a diet of icy hot and an advil in the a.m

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.