I think I'm having the best two weeks ever!

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by ethos, Jul 21, 2015.

1. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Hook preloaded in Hayward (Bay Area) and drop in Croydon (Philly). I know a drop for a tanker right! Hook preloaded in Croydon and deliver to L.A. Back to back coast runs plus I'll have just enough time to get a 34 in Philly which means layover pay baby! Then I'll run from L.A to Portland and then all the way home to Dallas. Just wanted to brag a bit, sorry guys.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Now that aint right! Lol

Dreamboat Thanks this.
  4. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I know right! The drop loaded was the best part. I think in my entire tanking career I've dropped loaded at a customer maybe 3 times. I actually had dispatch verify that. "Like you literally want me to drop the loaded tanker and drive away? Are you sure?"

unloader Thanks this.
  5. 6daysontheroad

6daysontheroad Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    Cha-Ching. I hear that cash register ringing. That's trucking I guess,good weeks and unfortunately some bad ones in the mix.

6. Jerry12

Jerry12 Heavy Load Member

Sep 9, 2014
    What type of revenue is being generated over this period...?

7. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    He's a company driver paid by the mile. I would guess 4k+ gross for the two weeks.

8. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Correct.

9. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    That's awesome. My dream job is to do relays only on trips that are 1K miles or more.

10. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Bah, Wish I had it that easy. I just left mine because I got sick of 14 hour days, not including the 1-4 hours,unpaid, it takes to get the loads legal to leave the yard and to find/steal the equipment I need to do my job.. made great money. would have grossed 80k my first year, but put on 30 lbs in the 8 months I was there because I was too tired to do anything. Absolutely loved tanker work, but I cant work 80+ hours a week every single week. 50o mile runs with 1-3 stops at 1-2 hours each per stop, or one super stop(unload both tankers) breaking up sets 1-4 times(unpaid)

11. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Was on a 3M dedicated pulling their tanks,. Only prob was once in Cottage Grove Mn plant a trailer had 8 tires that needed replaced,,,we refused to pull it. Got really ugly cause shipping manager saw some tread still visable,,,
    Several phone calls later, the local tire shop is there with 8 new tires and is surrounded by 3M managers and safety dept who are aghast ! Tire guy was delighted to be filmed for a safety training video. Hahaha,,,
    Shipping managers refused to speak with us ever again..guess he got a spanking,,,lol oh well oh hell...lol

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.