I would like to restart with Schneider

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by lovesthedrive, Apr 28, 2016.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I wont be bothering to get my own rig until after I get a good nest egg to pay for the surprises that come along.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JustinWaterboro

JustinWaterboro Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Porter, ME
    Ok just my 2 cents worth so you are not given false hopes:
    • OTR will more than likely be the East Coast areas (Maine to North Carolina and usually no further West than PA/NY State)
    • More than likely you will not be placed in newer truck...so NO amenties. Maybe a "glider-kit" which is smaller in available space
    • starting would expect maybe 2200 - 2400mi per week, maybe make $900 Gross NOT Net Income
    • Orientation you need take "Schneider Pre-Employment" Physical including "duck-walk", steps and others to make sure you not going to drop dead during pre/post trips, getting in/out trailers, etc
    • Orientation for Maine is in Carlisle,PA and is paid, given shared hotel room, lunch vouchers for their cafe
    • Like most jobs take approx 2 weeks before 1st real paycheck on Fridays
    • All information is received via qualcomm and responded to using same device
    • Internet access will require laptop/tablet, you decide how to connect it at your cost
    • If going regular OTR there are no uniforms, but do require boots and would receive new pair on hire date.
    • Coming out of Maine will pull Water, Pallets, Paper Rolls which usually were pre-loaded but #### happens.
    • "Flex-Schedule" just means how you prefer to run before needing 34 Restart if you want to be weekly or bi-weekly.
    • Dispatch was never issue for me. almost always had next run before active run finished. During normal working hours always got someone.After hours sometimes a wait. Biggest thing is 2-way communication for they can't preplan you if you dont give accurate ETA's
    Any other questions give shout out...

No names left and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  4. Mursal85

Mursal85 Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Louisville, KY
    Guys let me know a good paying company for an o/o...

5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    O/O I would recommend you get a broker(s) and not lock in on a company. O/O stand to be able to get better money privately than company miles. Just my opinion.

The OTR looks to be 3-4 weeks out and 5 days(ish) home time. Yes there is a Northeast regional and I dont think I will run that way. If I did then I would only be able to go as far as my brother in laws house down in Bowdoinham (Richmond). Many things are possible. Then I would have to park the pickup at his home to boogie back to here (about 2.5 hours more to home).

So 900 a week? That isnt bad. Is that gross or net? If gross then it is only 675 net. Still at 675 a week it is around 2400 a month minus costs of life presuming I dont go on any spending sprees.

6. JustinWaterboro

JustinWaterboro Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Porter, ME
    The $900 would be Gross before all deductions.
    Also remember that 5 days(ish) is with no pay meaning you have almost 1 week of no pay.
    Also the runs to get you back into Maine usually only run to Portland (Hannaford DC) or Auburn (Walmart DC), and maybe get a shuttle run to Kingfield (Poland Springs) or Skowhegan (Sappi Paper) to drop an empty.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I recently found there are three drivers in my area running regional. Lamoine, Surry/Blue Hill, Ellsworth. So it sounds like the drivers will get to bring their trucks home. Even if I cant I have a brother in law that lives 38 miles from Portland. I can leave my pickup at his home, either take my weekend there or 2.5 hours to home here.

The only other challenge I see is equipping the truck. As in I would like to get a microwave (900 watt) and a small fridge so I can get stuff to avoid eating fast food. My experience with Western, I learned how quickly I could burn the money eating fast food. I also remember coming off the road and how sick I was of eating fast food. It was almost 8 months before I wanted to eat another fast food burger.

In another thread. Some one talked about getting held up by a strike. What do you do to alert the company that you may not be able to get away in a timely fashion?

8. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    call and message in.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.