IC Tire Purchase Program

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by sadwar, Oct 2, 2016.

1. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    I'd like to share my experience with the NEW tire purchase program...

According to Crossroads you can purchase Goodyear or Michelin tires at any TA, Petro, Loves, or dealer. The tire estimator will give you prices on Bridgestone and Yokohama as well, but you can't buy those. More on that in a sec. At least that's what it said last Thursday when I went to the TA in Binghamton NY to purchase two new steer tires. I only had 90k on mine but a belt started to separate on the passenger one and caused some wierd wear pattern...

So the TA had no clue what I was talking about. They called Schneider SEM and they didn't have a clue either. I called SEM and they had no clue what to do, even though one of the options under emergency maintenance referenced the IC Tire program. They said the TA should know. So I hung up, called right back, got a different person, who said to call Doug Loy, who runs the program. I had dealt with Doug before on some other issues with my lease trucks, nice guy. Luckily he answered the phone and told me the truth about the program...

You can only purchase Goodyear and Michelin tires from a DEALER, NOT a truck stop. Apparently when the program was first rolled out all the truck stops were on board, but they quickly realized they couldn't invoice the IC's correctly, so they pulled out of the program.

You cannot buy any other tire at Schneider's national account price.

And the tire estimator is 100% correct on the price you pay. I wound up getting two Goodyear steers, because Binghamton does not have a Michelin dealer, for right around $800.

So that's the skinny on the tire purchase program....

Roll on....

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    No more "goodlucks" for me. They suck

mike101402 and 48Packard Thank this.
  4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Installed and balanced, with carcass credit ?

5. Asphalt Anarchy

Asphalt Anarchy Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    You're talking about the Wingfoot and other shops that you can find on the Qualcom? Or is there another list they give you?

6. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    Correct on all counts.....

Roll on....

7. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    ANY Goodyear tire dealer and ANY Michelin tire dealer. Most tire shops are affiliated with certain tire companies....

Roll on...

drvrtech77 and Asphalt Anarchy Thank this.
  8. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    Well ####, it's not limited to their 4 wheeler tires o_O

9. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Nevermind, question answered.

10. Cledus Snow

Cledus Snow Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Wow I'm going through this too. I was about to make a post also but I have told so many different things and I can't get a straight answer from anyone.

I have 80k and one of my steers also has a weird wear pattern. I'm buying two steers and getting a 3 axle alignment.

I was told to go to wingfoot by SEM to purchase any tire. Went to wingfoot and the alignment machine was down. While heading west was told by sem to just show my EFS card. Huh? Found a wingfoot and with my truck in the air I was told they only sell goodyear tires. So that was out, I want bridgestones. SEM also gives me Doug Loys number and he is not really helpful.

Then I called paccar and was told I can go to any petro, TA, Loves.

I ask my ICA and he tells me when I'm ready to put them on, I gotta call him and he will get word to the woman who is in charge of tires and she will tell me where I can go.

While all of this is happening, not one person can tell me how much tires are because it's a company secret and they don't want the vendors to see what their pricing is.

A week later and I still don't have new tires or any clue what to do.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    There is a recall on Goodyear Steer tires right now you folks need to check in to see what's there tired you got and to find out if they're under recall

TennMan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.