Ice Road Trucking

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Highway Hypnosis, Aug 3, 2015.

1. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Just watched tonite's episode (nothin' else on......DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!!! lol)
    Polar had a load (an RT crane, roughly in the 40-ton range) that they said "was over 130,000 lbs." They moved this over an ice crossing (ie-lake) with only a 6-axle setup. This blew my mind! Aside from the 30 or so times they crowed about how it was Polar's "biggest load EVAH!" as well as the "biggest load on this ice crossing by anyone EVAH!".....Even if the load was just 130k gross (truck/trlr/load), here in sunny FL you would need a minimum 7-axle setup to move on a solid road! Let alone if the load itself was truly 130k than you would need 8 or more likely 9 axles.....I dunno, if it was me, I would want as much rubber as possible to spread that weight out more.....

But it was dang amusing watching the Magoo make the whole crossing with his door wide open ready to abandon ship if she started sinking.....LOL :D

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  4. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    I was asked to interview a few months ago for the IRT TV series but declined. Not sure if the scout was on here but he was over on www.truckersforum.net. That job looks real hard.

5. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    You know as a man I enjoy all the shows Ice road, The tow truck show , the car shows , etc ,etc but why do the producers of these shows think the people watching them need all the drama and theatrics to keep the audience interested in them ?

Makes me feel like a moron for admitting I would watch the stupid shows. Kinda like Soap Operas for men. I don't think so.

6. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    I looked up the post for IRT. The casting company is Original Productions and his email address is cbaldwin@origprod.com

It was January and they were looking for either a male or female

7. Stubby T Slapnutt

Stubby T Slapnutt Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I sure hope they pick "Cait"......ha ha ha

SHOJim Thanks this.
  8. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Lol....Took me a second

Stubby T Slapnutt Thanks this.
  9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Cait ( if last name is Jenner ) might be doing some JAIL time as a result of the traffic accident IT was involved in that resulted in a lady being killed

A misdemeanor manslaughter charge usually carries a one-year county jail sentence

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Reason for edit: Changed information
  10. Stubby T Slapnutt

Stubby T Slapnutt Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Definetly won't do prison. Not because he/she is famous, but because it is a misdemeanor { no criminal intent to harm}, Just the way it works.

FLATBED Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.