Idling hate mail from the top??

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MM3Deg, Oct 14, 2015.

1. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    So today I actually am stuck idling and doing a 10 just north of Houston.

Just got a Qualcomm message from the COO stating I am one the top four offenders in the company??

WTF??

I'm on a dedicated account. When get in Friday morning from Thurs night dispatch... I'm off till Sunday around 10pm.

I get stuck 1-3 days per week doing a 10 in the truck. I don't idle the truck unless I am in it. I have to unload at my stops and never idle.

I guess I don't fully understand how this is calculated.

By my calculations a driver that is home 2.5 - 5 days a week should be no where near the top.

Can anyone offer some insight?
    Some real insight, plenty of threads already covering most folks opinions on the topic.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Then they wonder why they can't keep drivers.Whats COO stand for or do you mean CEO?I would call him and ask him whats up.Maybe there's a glitch in the QUALCOMM.One time I got a threatening message from the fuel dept telling me my idleing is at 90% when all the other days it was 0 to 10%.I never idled.I called him and let him have it.Once I got back to the terminal so they could check the QUALCOMM,I let him have it some more.Man was I mad.But there was a glitch in the system and do you think I would get as much as an apology nope.So I told him off some more.

austinmike and tucker Thank this.
  4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I wouldn't work for a company like that. Tell them to put you up in a hotel and you won't idle the truck otherwise I'd go work for someone who puts you up in a hotel like any of the LTL companies.
    When I ran coast to coast I work for companies where money is no object and they don't care how fast you drive and they don't care how many times you get the truck washed because they take pride in their appearance of their equipment. Over the road the best companies to work for are smaller family owned companies with less than 100 trucks. Faster the better the newer the better The Shinier the better. Loose leaf logs to make your job easier.

12 ga Thanks this.
  5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    There's always a few exceptions to that rule but for the most part working for a large company with thousands of trucks running over the road is one of the least desirable jobs out there.

6. MM3Deg

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    COO - Chief operating officer.

CEO
    CFO
    COO

Sometimes
    CEO
    COO
    CFO

scottlav46 and pattyj Thank this.
  7. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Whats the weather been like down in Houston?

8. MM3Deg

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    To much good I'm experiencing to let something like this get to me.

Just trying to understand how this is calculated, when it resets, or if its historic.

If I can better understand it, I can better manipulate it.

There is so much turn over and a lack of training that no one in the dispatch or management ranks can explain it.

Other than to state "you need to work on getting in, getting unloaded, and getting back faster"

I'm pretty sure there is something screwy going on with the computer.
    OTR guys are idling every day of the week, and there are 17k trucks, I can't believe I am number four.

You would think the secretary sending those out would at least glance at the logs first.

The Volvo guys have a fuse they pull.. Sure would like to figure that out for the prostar!

9. MM3Deg

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    I get there about once a month.. Usually in and out before sun comes up. Today is bright and sunny, nice in the shade, but cooking the truck.

10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I think after so many hrs not idling the percentage goes back to zero or maybe it resets at midnight.I would ask your company how high of a percentage u can go before you're in the red zone.it use to be 30% with a lot of companies.

11. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I would call and ask how he expects you to sleep with the truck baking hot...

Like the others have said I would get another job.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.