Idling hate mail from the top??

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MM3Deg, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Sphene25

Sphene25 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2015
    This is whats starting to ruin this forum for me, these ######## who go in every company subforum and bash them and dont even or have never worked for them.

Ban idiots like this, they are just here to talk #### and piss people off they do not add to a conversation they just make it hostile.

If you dont like swift get the F out of the swift sub forum. *Wave*

spectacle13, MysticHZ and A21CAV Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    My truck does 64.5 mph!

Is it hard to believe that swifties break 1k per week?

Meanwhile back on topic...

Texas weather in the low 60's!!
    No idle needed.... But much more noise with the windows open.

If I can find a audio cable long enough... Anyone know if my tv will sound good thru the truck stereo?

Will that even work, plugged into the iPod jack??

4. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    It should work. I've never put a TV in any of my trucks but have heard (OMG I don't have actual experience) from other drivers that it works and is their preferred method.

Oh, my truck has spells when it will go 67.

5. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    I use to run my computer through the audio jack on the trucks radio. Sounded good. You can find 6 foot audio cables out there if you look for them. Now I just use earbuds. Drowns out more of that outside noise.

I've had my truck up to 70. Of course that was going down hill...with a heavy load. Lol.

6. matt1502

matt1502 Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    SWIFT trucks used to have something called Opti-Idle. You set the thermostat to whatever temperature you liked, and the truck would turn on and shut off accordingly. Of course, that was like 12 years ago when I worked there and I had a Volvo. Not sure if they still have it or not.

7. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    You will be alright

8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I never thought to connect my computer through the truck input. Good idea.
    But I like the sound through my headphones even better.

Getting the truck up to 70 going downhill will send an overspeed warning, and it might get you fired.
    That is a speed that Swift will not tolerate. You might get away with it once or twice, but after that you could be gone.

9. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    Moose, yeah I know about the overspeed. Even been called to the principals office for it a couple times. Hitting 70 is something I try to avoid at all costs, I'll let it run up to 67 or 68 before backing off. The key is to keep your foot off the throttle going down hill. You won't get the warning until your foot hits the throttle. I think it's all bs anyway. Most of the times the speeds are within posted speed limits and it's short straight hills. Nothing unsafe about it. I've even had an overspeed warning going over an overpass. Figure that one out.

10. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    I've had over speed without foot on pedal.

It takes four seconds.. If the road does not look to be leveling out when I hit 70, I hit the engine break for a second or two. That usually brings me down to 69. Long enough for the grade to change.

With foot on it goes off immediately. I get at least three every time I roll thru Austin.

I had not heard anything about them, but it sounds like I better be more careful.

11. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    It used to be that if you had the cruise on and the jakes, you wouldn't get an overspeed. You could still get an excessive overspeed if you let it get over 72. I've gotten the overspeed beep accelerating from a full stop, but when I looked at the violation screen, there was nothing there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.