I'm prescribed Adderall and klonopin can I still drive? Will employers hire me?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Con-team, Dec 4, 2016.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im not certain but Arkansas and a number of States maintain a near-real time database on everyone who fills out a narcotic or scheduled medicine. I don't know who cannot access the list (The Law without a warrant certainly 4th amendment...) but it will not be hard to discover who is taking what, how much and when and filling where.

For anyone who says Pot is legal, only at the state level. And still very much illegal at the Federal Level. So until the Federal Laws related to this or that being illegal is repealed there is conflict. And thus as truckers it is considered illegal and banned.

I have said before and say it again because Ive done it... if there is something in your life that you are taking something for, try your best to remove that something from your life so you can STOP taking these meds. Once you do and make it past a certain number of days to clear it out you can drive and be free.

Regarding the Nurse or similar staff who went nuts inside the ER requiring Halidol or something Im surprise he or she still has a job there. It would not be much of a job without patient contact in a basement office or something.

Usually if there is a problem it's because the patient has begun to abuse the medicine for addiction purposes and will do anything including crime to gain more of it. It's a endless cycle.

Dumdriver and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    This thread will also be a endless cycle lol

DRAGON64 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yea you called it. =) It is a endless cycle.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  5. Kaseyjayyy

Kaseyjayyy Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Virginia
    The only person who can access your medical records (including filling prescriptions) is you, your PCP, your insurace, and the company you filled the meds with. The police or other authorities need a court order. Your employer has no rights to see your file even if you are on company insurance unless your signed giving them permission (unless Obama changed this) If you are not on company insurance then they definitely have no access. But if they test you and you fail because you did not provide them with the information up front you will most likely be fired. So really it's better to be honest up front. I guess studying law and ethics in medicine taught me something after all lol

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    What good would that do? Don't you know that truckers know everything?

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Wellll I did my homework took it and drove just fine.

8. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I said "truckers" not "trucker"

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's you everyone is different.I would but that's just me.

10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well, Truckers Plural.

What is Truckers Report? You cannot get more Plural than that. In fact, everything discussed here is either one of the following. Laughed off, Moderated, Answered correctly, Not answered correctly.

Somewhere in all that is the right answer. Ive had answered questions in the past and find out it's not what the newbie wants to hear but is a correct answer.

The internet is a grain of salt. It knows everything and also knows nothing.

pattyj Thanks this.
  11. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    It sometimes is not what old hands want to hear either.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.