In a holding pattern

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by TahoeTrucker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    You know it's all gone to hell when a man can't even get hot sauce.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Wont be long before they attack the style of paper clips used. Rib type hold papers better but are more expensive ( seen this before ) .......knew one manager that unplugged the water cooler to save electricity. No sheet.

But OMG ! The corporate jet is still on standby with 2 pilots! You betcha! Can't loose that jewel, no sir. We too good for Southwest....

JMO

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Been seeing a lot it leases with lights out too, oil company's saving money on the old light bill.

Times are tough for lots of folks in the business, let's all be greatful
    for what we have. Really easy to
    forget the were still working when others anit.

Just remember that busts, just like booms end too.

chalupa and TahoeTrucker Thank this.
  5. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Tell you what we been working are tails off on the fuel side, people can't get enough of this cheaper gas.

chalupa, bbq247365 and TahoeTrucker Thank this.
  6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I kind of miss the high fuel prices. Work was a lot more fun back then

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Well I just got an email earlier this week from the company VP basically saying workforce reductions will be taking place starting next month. Seems like a great idea to tell the whole workforce the ship is sinking and there might not be employment in a month's time. I wonder how much production they expect to get out of anyone this next month after leaving that black cloud hanging over everyone's head?

TahoeTrucker Thanks this.
  8. TahoeTrucker

TahoeTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Last week Superior energy came in and cleaned house. They got rid of a few people mostly office staff, supervisors, a safety guy. We lost a huge chunk of our water and are mainly working 2 new wells that are really producing but they will probably level out in a couple weeks then I think we are toast.

9. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    At least they're giving you the courtesy of letting you know what's coming. Many companies wont say anything until one day when you finish your shift and then they drop the bomb on you that you're done. The reason they do this is because they know many workers will adopt your attitude and say screw it, I'm going to screw around until the last day. It's not their fault they have to lay people off, it's just the reality of life. Be thankful they're communicating with you and giving you a heads up.

TahoeTrucker Thanks this.
  10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I never said I was going to screw around. I will go in every day, be just as professional and work just as hard as any other day. My concern is that some other people at work might not be as focused on the job at hand as they should be and will be liable to hurt themselves or others due to that fact. Personally, I knew layoffs would be inevitable, I'd just prefer to live in ignorance of that fact until the day it happened.

11. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    God Bless you all and your families...the unpredictability of that niche part of this industry has gotta have you on pins and needles...a good buddy of mine just hung up his frac for a box...things look tough. Wish you all the best.

TahoeTrucker and Cottonmouth85 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.