indian river transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chaser9920, Jun 13, 2013.

1. chaser9920

chaser9920 Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2013
    going to orientation this month. we are a husband/wife team. orientation will be in california. any thoughts or expirence with them to be shared? any info would help. they seem to have a high turnover rate. any surprises in orientation? please help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    A friend of mine was there a few months. He ran really good miles and then he got to CA and sat from Mon to Fri waiting for a load. He was told it was their slow time and it would be slow for 3 months. He got a $69 paycheck. So , he quit.

This is all I know about them and this was probably 10 years ago. Things could be different now. Also, teams may run better.

4. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.
    There is a pretty informative thread on here about them, I believe in the other inside scoop forum. Good luck!!!

5. Cfannin1229

Cfannin1229 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2013
    We r looking into indian river as a team was wondering how u miles drop n hook live load unload how they run there teams we r a husband wife team also thanks

6. chaser9920

Jun 13, 2013
    my wife and i are attending orientation next tuesday 10/8/2013. it was between irt, and transco lines. transco lines are offering a 10,000 dollor sign on bonus for teams. irt is closer to our home in oregon,so hopefully home time will be better. ( we are hiring on and attending orientation in turlock,ca.) transco lines is in russellville,ar. i will keep you posted next week.

7. Cfannin1229

Oct 2, 2013
    U made a good choice not going to transco lines we team with transco lines right now been here sence February we ran good the first maybe 3 months hitting 6k regular but now a good week is 5k and we have tried everything to get r miles back up talked to the head of operations more then once office people come and go like flies we have 3 different head of operation guys

8. chaser9920

Jun 13, 2013
    wow, are we were really leaning their way too. ( 10,000 sounded pretty good.) irt seems to have a pretty good turnover, but from what i hear, some times of the year are busy, and some times are not. we actually visited the ca. terminal and its small, but everyone was friendly. equipment was nice and they have new trucks coming in as we speak. their health insurance ( and they are the first to admit it ) is terrible and very expensive. like i said, i will let you know next week when we get out of orientation what our thoughts are. till then, hang in there.

9. Cfannin1229

Oct 2, 2013
    Transco has the 10k that's about it there is no way there turn over rate isn't high would have been a great company before RTI bought them. There hazmatt n crash indicator r in the 90 s at transco to on the SMS portal of the csa so everytime ur hazmatt u get inspected

10. Cfannin1229

Oct 2, 2013
    All seriousness if u can get ur dod clearence check out a company call aat carriers out of Chattanooga tn 50 cents split new t660 with studio sleepers got treated like u was more then meat in the seat

11. chaser9920

Jun 13, 2013
    based on what you have told me, i would suggest you check out smokey point distributing. they are out of arlington,wa. but have terminals in all 4 corners of the us. 99% of their freight is for boeing. very light aircraft parts. they will run you to death!! new trucks and trailers. they pull mostly curtain vans and have many dedicated runs. trucks govered at 70 with fuel bonus, 80 without fuel bonus.we worked there 4 years but left because we r both 55+and dont want to run that hard anymore. great company, financially strong. their number is 360-435-5737.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.