Indiana trooper and truck collision

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by tucker, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Trucker takes out trooper!

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Aw ****,as if truck drivers didn't have enough to worry about going thru the Hoosier State as it is. Now ISP is going to be pulling over trucks left and right.

Dominick253 and taxihacker66 Thank this.
  4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    This type of accident is happening more often. Both by trucks and cars.
    How can you possibly not see a police car with it's emergency light's flashing.
    Plain and simple distracted driver.
    Maybe if they started citing the driver's and require a mandatory court appearance, then suspend their license for a year with first conviction, these people would get their head out of the phone and pay attention to their driving.

5. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Once on I-20, I was running in the left hand lane, a Texas Trooper met a tuck that was speeding, he came across the median, when he hit the asphalt, he shot out in front of me and I nearly hit him. That was back in the bird-dog days when the sped was 55 MPH. I had slowed down telling the driver who got a ticket he was meeting a trooper, but he did not believe me.

If his car just spun the tires I would have destroyed him.

Dominick253 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  6. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Glad nobody was killed. Kinda sucks for everyone involved though, for different reasons.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    Surely that unit was lit like a Christmas tree. How did the driver not see it?

I'm glad everyone survived, but I doubt that driver is going to be driving any time soon.

Dominick253 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I notice in the picture that the troopers radio car is a slick top. In other words, it doesn't have a light bar on top of it. Now undoubtedly, it has warning lights in the rear window, and possible has the strobe flashing tail lights. Yeah, it SHOULD be enough.
    BUT, from experience, (my last unit was a slick top,) people pay little attention to a highly visible light bar, let alone just having the deck/windshield/grill lights. Also kind of surprising that they were both sitting in the unit, rather than out directing traffic. I wonder if they had just arrived on the scene.
    Usually they will set out flairs or traffic cones back a ways from their car. It's NEVER a good idea to sit in your car if you are trying to block or divert traffic!

That being said, I'll make it clear here that I am NOT defending the trucker in any manner. Just commenting on bad tactics from the LEOs. Hope they recover all right, and just possibly learn from this incident.

jammer910Z and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  9. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    They already pull trucks over left and right, just more fuel to the fire...

10. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    I wonder if it was a lone unit or if others were on the scene already?

Big Don Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.