Info on A. Blair Enterprises

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by taz'smom, Jul 24, 2010.

1. bonniem

bonniem Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    I drove for them up until about Jan or Feb i quit same as 14 other drivers quit the same week because of all the sitting and when you call in, the manager was was very insulting. I was only there about 7 months and should have left sooner cause now I make almost double what they paid me, I drive now for load1 in a sprinter. aBlair is not a bad company but I like to go home sometimes or put myself out of service occasionally but they make you stay in one spot and in service for 4 weeks and only 3 days home which usualy means 6 weeks out and go home on your own dime. I sat in los Angeles for 13 days twice, Laredo for 2 weeks 3 times because they would not let you leave or you had to turn in the van and they never pay anything for layover no matter how long you are stuck. I Even got stuck for 6 days in NJ in winter and was out of money and almost out of fuel and had to beg for 40 dollars to fill tank to keep from freezing and they charge for all advances all the time it was a 10.00 fee. they may be ok but there are much better companys if you ask me, way better. thanks for reading.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Yeah A.Blair is a joke!They only pay there O/O $1.00 per mile and can't keep you running.Not sure how true but last o/o I spoke to who was sign on with them claim they only got 5-6 trucks sign with them.But then again how the heck they are still in business if that's true..:biggrin_2555:

4. briarhopper

briarhopper Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Frankfort, KY
    On craigslist they have a recent advertisement touting a lease program - 2013 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. Anybody ever done a lease program with them? I'm guessing if you're sitting a lot, not making any money and you still have that payment to make, this probably wouldn't be a good way to go with them but maybe someone out there has had luck with the lease program?

5. Mabry4x4

Mabry4x4 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2016
    I worked for them what they don't tell you is you can sit n the desert for a week and not make any money but you still owe them for administration fees and lease of the van

6. Vandriver464xrs

Vandriver464xrs Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2017
    We have about twenty five vans on the road . Pay is not great , but they keep you moving . Average around 3000 miles a week . You will travel all over the country . Management is great if you are motivated .

7. Brct86

Brct86 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2018
    I see this company advertised on the internet all the time... I'm just wondering who would actually sign on for this... Non CDL, out an average 6-8 weeks.. You pay for fuel. Average miles is 100,000... They pay .045 LOADED miles..That is $45,000 per year. 100,000 miles in a sprinter van at $3.00 per gallon and 25mpg would be $12,000... So you are now down to $33,000 before taxes and you haven't even addressed that you have no place to stay on the road...You would also have to take into consideration that from time to time, you may need to deadhead 50-150 miles or more just to get a load that you won't be paid for... PLUS, this is not a W-2 position... Great job for a homeless bum with no life or family..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.