Iron Skillet... Never again

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Friday, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    That PJ Fresh Meat Loaf is Tha Bomb..... Baby

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    I almost always get medium rare. Or in rare cases, rare (see what I did there?)

I just also always make sure I don't eat steak in places that sell meat not worth eating

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Due to bacteria requiring oxygen to grow im more scared of the hamburgers than the steak. And forget about chicken or pork. The white meat just isn't worth the risk.

5. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Yeah, burgers are sketchy. Medium at restaurants unless I know for sure it's legit. When I buy meat for burgers I tend to buy steak and have the store grind it for me. That way it's definitely good to eat about as raw as I'd want it. Which is pretty darn raw.

Pork, always medium rare. It's perfectly safe. Google "is pink pork safe to eat" to read a whole lot on the subject.

Chicken... Not as long as it's mass farmed in the USA. The #### water it's soaked in to make it gain weight is the most #### disgusting thing. I stay away from chicken. Which is really sad. Because it's delicious. If someday I end up with more land than living in a city allows, they're super easy to raise though. Mmm fresh chicken...

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Love me the chicken from a local farmers market.
    Yup. I throw dollar freight still, but the new dollar acct I'm on gets me home like clockwork late friday/ early Saturday.
    Free range chicken, $15 for almost 2 lbs boneless.
    Cook it up, cook up vegetables, plus buy some salad fixings, Tupperware, and boom, the dollar stores have microwaves.
    5 meals a week, $35

NavigatorWife and Friday Thank this.
  7. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    They have NY strip steaks at the Kingdom City, MO Petro, nice to see them again. Just had me one with a loaded baked potato. Yummy :)

image.jpeg

x1Heavy and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    The thing about pork and chicken, is they are more sensitive to bacteria growth. If prepared properly and stored properly this isn't an issue. I just don't trust the typical truck stop employee to take those precautions. Salmonella is no joke.

9. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Ah crap I definitely forgot about truck stop food when I started talking about it. Right. Yeah, hell no. All that applies to my grill. And perhaps the restaurants that are just so prohibively expensive that I can't just go there every time I want a steak.

10. Stormy 69

Stormy 69 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Confusion
    Some of these jabba the hut drivers need to eat the fast flushing food to lose some poundage

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  11. DAX_

DAX_ Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The food is terrible. Bathroom aside, the actual food is the worst tasting food I've ever eaten.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.