Is anyone happy with a lease-purchase?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Adventuro-Us Transport, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Adventuro-Us Transport

Adventuro-Us Transport Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I am pretty new to the trucking industry and all I hear about are Leases, it comes from recruiters, websites, forums, and drivers. But I have not run into one person who is actually happy that they did a lease deal.

Are there any drivers who are glad that they did a lease purchase program, that have been in it for a couple of years and are making a decent steady income?

itaff Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    You will find a lot of people that did lease purchases and think they are happy. But dont know better. And don't know what they are actually doing.

Trucking tends to attract people who dont know how to research.

4. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Was happy every night 38 years ago when I was a Buster Brown driver going from Maryland to NJ every night and could smoke a joint or two up and back,,

5. Adventuro-Us Transport

Feb 25, 2015
    Is there anyone, who in this decade, is happy with their lease purchase decision? (beside the carrier!)

6. Adventuro-Us Transport

Feb 25, 2015
    And this is exactly why I have to piss in a bottle on command, like a convict. Thanks for that, free spirit.

7. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Some people are happy living in their mothers basement. Would you be?

Happy is relative.

77smartin Thanks this.
  8. Adventuro-Us Transport

Feb 25, 2015
    I agree that happy is relative.
    The first step is to find someone who has actually been doing it a while, and is happy. The second step is to ask the specifics. The third step is to decide if that would make me happy or not.

I am very doubtful that I will find anyone who is happy (and sucessful) that has done a lease but I thought "what the heck, can't hurt to ask"

truckon Thanks this.
  9. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I know several individuals who are very happy with their old lease purchase because they paid off their trucks. Speak with the people at Sammons, Their system is set for the driver to bust his ### and get the truck paid off in 2 yrs or less.

My company has a lease purchase thats very decent, the boast that 80% of those in a L/P finish it with the title.

10. Adventuro-Us Transport

Feb 25, 2015
    Truckon,

Somehow I skipped over your first post. I agree with the lack of research, but I will tell you that most of the people I went to school with....this was there last resort, and the promise of more money is a very lucrative bargaining chip to someone who is down and out. With the advertisement of Lease Owners making over 6 figures, it would be difficult not to be enticed, and then they get sold.

truckon Thanks this.
  11. Adventuro-Us Transport

Feb 25, 2015
    That good Gunner, are any of them on here?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.