Is there any replacement for the crappy sprayer on the

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Pmracing, Oct 20, 2011.

1. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Reviving this thread to ask is there a way to adjust the sprayer timing somehow? The one on my driver side windshield sprays when the wiper reaches the end, so its just spraying my side mirror.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Yep, mine does that also. You can twist it some, or move it up or down along the wiper arm.

Mikeeee

4. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Some have a little ball in them that can be turned. Use a small pick, stick it in the hold and move it to point it where you want it.

The ones for our 379 Petes snap on the wiper arm the same way as many other trucks. They seem to last a little longer than the Freightliner ones. That's what we use on all of our trucks.

5. mgrantes

mgrantes Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Instead of fooling around with the sprayer nozzles I just rigged my own setup using plastic tubing (this kind used in fish tanks for airlines), connectors for the tubing, a flat metal rod, and some zip ties. I drilled out some 1/16th holes along the length of the tubing. I'll have to take a pic since it's much easier to see than explain. And it isn't pretty but it sure as hell gets the job done with much better windshield coverage.

Pmracing Thanks this.
  6. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Then do you attach that to the wiper blade?

Mikeeee

7. mgrantes

mgrantes Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    There's no easy way to attach it to the wiper "blade". At first I cut some holes into the blade (where the plastic meets the rubber) and used zips to secure it that way, but that just screwed up an even wipe. So that's when I bought some thin lightweight sheet metal (home depot) and attached THAT to the wiper "arm" essentially extending it. The sheet metal is what anchors the extra tubing. I also "plug" the end of the tubing by folding it over the end of the metal strip [I attached] and secure the pinch created with a zip tie. Next time I'm at my truck I'll take some pics. But if you're able to visualize all this then more power to you lol

Pmracing Thanks this.
  8. EHB

EHB Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Newfoundland
    Did you check the pump pressure, could be low, or the hose could be kinked.
    If changing the nozzles with the same kind do not work.
    Use a car nozzle that works better, after all it is only a windshield washer nozzle.
    Cha

Pmracing Thanks this.
  9. Travelin Man 188

Travelin Man 188 Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2016
    I took a paper clip and "opened" up the holes- no help! Then I used the paper clip to plugged off two off the three holes- BINGO!! Stick the paper clip in the hole and cut it off with cutting pliers. This leaves only the hole open improving the pressure and spray length. It works well at both stopped and at speed.

Redtwin, mgrantes and Pmracing Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.