Issues with Mobileye

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Zacharie, May 21, 2015.

1. Zacharie

Zacharie Bobtail Member

May 21, 2015
    Hello! I'm not actually a Truck Driver, but my father in law is. I'm trying to do a little research for him about the Mobileye unit in his truck.

See, he drives from Indianapolis to St. Louis, Illinois every day, Tuesday-Saturday. And he's having so many issues with the Mobileye going off, that he keeps having to go to Safety and take classes, which causes him to miss out on money.

Anyone that knows anything about the Mobileye knows it basically goes nuts any time you have to go through construction (and there's a lot of it on the way to St. Louis), or any time he goes through a town. His question is, is there any way he can disconnect it or trick it into thinking there's nothing detectable going on? I've looked around many places and have seen many of the same complaints, but of course when he calls his company, Werner, they laugh at him and say that the Mobileye can't mess up. With so many people claiming that it's messing up for them too, that clearly is not the case and these people are ridiculous.

I'd really appreciate any help I could get with this. If he can't just disconnect it, any advice on how to bypass all this ridiculousness would help so much, too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Crete tested it in a few trucks, lucky me got one.
    Why is he getting in trouble? For lane departures?
    Or for going over the speed limit?
    Sometimes in construction, I would leave the turn signal on to shut off the lane sensor.
    Mines on the fritz right now, it just shows an error code.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Sorry to hear all of that, I would actually start documenting the problems, bring them to the safety department and find another company to work for.

See for those who don't know, this sounds like a great technology but it is flawed, dependent on having tight specs on things like lighting and lines and what this leads to is things like this. If anyone seen that candy bar commercial where they drew the lines all over the place while eating their candy bar - then welcome to Michigan where the MDOT crews can't paint a straight line or follow the couture of a curve or turn.

5. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    and yet diamlers trying to make trucks that drive themselves. ha!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.