JCB Miami Buy here pay here

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by MTV90, Sep 8, 2015.

1. MTV90

MTV90 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Martinsburg WV
    I'm currently trying to start my own dump trucking company with a personal friend who's a broker. I've been looking at trucks for about 2 years now and I have a couple years of driving and mechanical work. I'm comfortable in the area and I have a pretty decent list of places I'll be looking for work so I'm pretty solid in that area. Only thing standing between me and 72/Hr through this broker is actually owning a truck. I have applied for 2 different loans through 2 different national lenders and havent had much luck. I have decent credit but the loans were for 30k with 7500 down which isn't an issue. However they require me to buy a truck thats 2007 or newer and any tri axle that year or newer is about 60k so I'm just a hair shy with financing. I've found this place down in Miami that offers buy here pay here no questions asked and they're offered a 07 Freightliner for 62k or 1300 a month buy here pay here. I have honestly told people my whole life to stay away from buy here pay here with cars and I'm wondering if anybody has some knowledge of this place JCB in Miami and if its legit to do business with them through a buy here pay here.

http://www.ertrkandequip.com/landin...t.aspx?ETID=1&pcid=2000817175&dlr=1&bcatid=27

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    I've never done business with any type of "buy here, pay here" or "rent to own" or "no credit check, no money down" outfits because it's common knowledge that those type of places charge the highest interest rates that the law allows (or maybe even higher than what is legal). You will end up paying waaay more than the truck is worth and you will be upside down the second you drive it off the lot. Oh yeah, if you miss one payment they will disable the starter remotely and come repo it with the LoJack system that is secretly installed on the vehicle. Then they will "sell" it to the next sucker and so on it goes.

4. MTV90

MTV90 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Martinsburg WV
    Well I know they're going to hit me hard on interest. but it's better than making 15/hour for the rest of my life here. If they're charging 1300/month for 60 months that's just a bit over the real value. Plus interest at a normal rate its be about where I'll be at 1300x60. But try to play games like we all know they will I'll lose. I'm not going to let them bend me over but in order to play I need to pay.

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I wouldn't touch a truck in the miami area............

tnpete and jbatmick Thank this.
  6. MTV90

MTV90 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Martinsburg WV
    And why is that?

7. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    If you want an older truck. Get a personal loan. Interest is like 18% and pay it off fast. If you don't have collateral it becomes hard to secure money for an older vechicle.

8. MTV90

MTV90 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Martinsburg WV
    Best I can get is $7500 for a personal loan. I have decent credit but I'm only 24 so I don't have a lengthy credit history.

9. android

android Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2015
    the only problem with buy here pay here is just like the cars they are auction vehicles but with your mechanical knowledge you can find a good one or at least get the repairs done before you sign they are out there but be careful..

10. stevez57305

stevez57305 Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Florida
    I would say if this is 1 of those shops over on 27th ave i would try and find out alot about the actual unit b4 investing. They usually do new conversions from tractors to pto trucks but i have seen alot of the same trucks leave off the lot and return with another for sale sign or paint on it.

11. supertruckerboy

supertruckerboy Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    im interested I need a truck, wanna run my own thing, authority, exc...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.