Just got a CB after not having one for years.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Infosaur, May 19, 2015.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Well actually, I'm slip seating now with another driver and it's his but, a few observations:

There are only 5 people with CBs out there.

1.) Someone asking for a radio check every 5 minutes.
    2.) Some guy in Arizona with a radio powerful enough to reach the moon trying to talk to a guy in New Hampshire with a similar set up.
    3.) "I ain't got no panties on"
    4.) Somebody talking non-stop about how how powerful his radio is,,, thankfully you can drive out of his range in about 5 miles.
    5.) The guy who curses out everything on the road.

(This thread might belong in humor)

77smartin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    forget about a bear report you're not likely to get one..

for every 10 times I ask I *might* get a reply or two..

4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    There are lots more out there with radios. Try turning the squelch knob all the way left and the rf gain knob all the way to the right.

Freightshaker613 Thanks this.
  5. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    You don't need all that much power to reach the moon. Actually you're not going to reach the moon on 27MHz anyway. If conditions are unfavorable, your signal will be absorbed by the atmosphere and not escape it; and if conditions are favorable, your signal will reflect off the ionosphere and back down to the ground, which is when you'll hear the guy from Arizona talking to the guy from New Hampshire. I managed to talk to New Jersey and Maryland today on ~70 watts, while driving up I-380 in Iowa. Don't worry, I was on 38 lower side band, not 19.

6. Glushkoclan

Glushkoclan Bobtail Member

May 19, 2015
    I haul cattle on the West Coast and to be quite honest with you nobody uses them out here on the West Coast just saying

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I honestly don't see them as much as I did when I was a kid. Used to be there were 'spots' where troopers would hide, and you know what to look for. (A pullout with poor visibility and little chance for oncoming traffic to flash you a warning, like a big bushy median).

I have a friend who works for 'the other side' and he says the stupidity of paperwork and the non-stop grind of domestic dispute cases (including court time) just bogs down his department. Now he works for a small town in south GA and they won't work the interstates but if that's typical, it's why you very rarely see a city-kitty working late night speed enforcement. They'd rather do it in broad daylight in a school zone so the taxpayers are aware "something is being done!"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.