Just got fined a whopping $5600, need a good lawyer

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by teamgreen1, Jun 8, 2015.

1. teamgreen1

teamgreen1 Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Man,

I have a ford f350 and I use a 25' featherlite trailer. I posted here a few weeks ago about getting put out of service for no cdl. The for ford f350 gcwr is listed as 24500, but, they look at the gvwrs on the trailer and truck and rate you off of that. Well, I tried re registering the ford as a combo (what the dealer said I should do) , and I got pulled over randomly with nothing loaded and got nailed for it again, except also picking up fines for driving out of service (out of service because havent gotten a cdl since the other one 4 weeks ago). Anyway, the tickets and fines come out to $5600. In a lot of trouble here, and, was wondering if someone knew of a lawyer that can help me fight these? Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
  4. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    TeamGreen1 get a lawyer ASAP - take it to court. What state are you in? and since you don't have a cdl how are they putting you OOS?

teamgreen1 Thanks this.
  5. teamgreen1

Oct 25, 2013
    I got the ticket in florida. Gave me the operating out of service tickets for an individual and the company, which is also me.Was empty and just a random check. That one hurt quite a bit. Hopefully, I dont have to pay anywhere close to that. Really hit me hard, plus, I need to find someone to drive my trailer back to NJ. I can drive the truck disconnected she told me, but, man Im in a bad spot. Also, going to be out of work till I get a cdl. They said they could have thrown me in jail.

6. teamgreen1

Oct 25, 2013
    Planned on doing that....Obviously, have no choice now. Reason I purchased the rig I did is because it was supposedly below cdl req. Really bites, man

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Google : Ticket Clinic

Contact OOIDA and maybe they have suggestions or can recommend a lawyer.

8. teamgreen1

Oct 25, 2013
    Thanks Chinatown, Was thinking of trying them. Going to get on the horn tomorrow, see what I can do. Thanks.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The anti-trucking/anti-American worker groups are at war with the truckers. It's all about the money and power over others. Has nothing to do with safety. The states have learned if they hire a bunch of dumbed down, public school educated people and give them power over others, there's lots of money to be made.

10. teamgreen1

Oct 25, 2013
    So true, like this in a lot of industries. Clamping down on people at the operational level, so it is almost impossible to conform with the rules and still make a decent living. Such bs , and, hopefully it changes . Country is going down the tubes fast. I couldnt agree more.

Chinatown and mpow66m Thank this.
  11. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I got a ticket ( not nearly the amount you did ) a couple years ago and I joined Drivers legal plan... Do to the fact you weren't a member when you received the ticket as long as you sign up now they will still give you a discount to provide legal service for your current ticket... Right now I pay 15.00 a month and if I were to receive the ticket you did they would charge me $100.00 out the door and have me represented in court... IMO 100% worth it for $15.00 a month... I would give them a call

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.