Just started with Prime 8/17

Discussion in 'Prime' started by TurnpikeTourist, Aug 19, 2015.

1. TurnpikeTourist

TurnpikeTourist Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Thank you very much Fullmetal, I understand completely its up to me. I have talked to a bunch of trainers already but of course they had trainees already.
    I'm not even worried about going home or if I go flatbed or reefer. I'm more than willing to learn as long as I have someone willing to teach instead of yell lol.
    I just got a phone number of the girl in charge of assigning trainers, so I'll give her a ring in the am as well.
    If I have to wait so be it, more sims and pre trip won't hurt either!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Patience will be a virtue out here.

You talked to Linda, and are on priority list by now.

Hang tight, and they will find you someone. But, in the meantime, do not wait it out. Work on that pretrip & be on hunt on your own for instructor.

Pad & Millennium is good place, but realize lot of trucks also at campus. Ask drivers if you can use & ask questions. Never know whom you may meet. Just may be your new instructor. We definitely look for this kind of initiative.

Regardless, will probably gain some new knowledge or insight.

:biggrin_25525:

darthanubis Thanks this.
  4. TurnpikeTourist

Apr 12, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    I understand completely what your saying. There is a lot of trucks here at campus now. I have talked with a few instructors and even pre tripped some of there own trucks today. I have learned some good techniques just from opening my mouth.
    I understand the patience part too completly. I'll head to the pad tomorrow morning and check it out.
    I don't think I talked with Linda, the name I got was Holly. I was told she's in charge of assignments.
    Either way I do thank you for your advice!

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  5. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Prime East Pad. You'll talk to current trainers who will pass your name along, The trainers pulling up won't see you sitting under the shed, or wandering around a truck. They will see you engaged.

TurnpikeTourist Thanks this.
  6. TurnpikeTourist

Apr 12, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks for info. I just never updated my status. I've been out with a trainer since Wednesday. Going real well, he's let me do all the driving and backing I can! Now we are just waiting to make delivery for Monday morning in NY.

7. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    We are headed to Albany NY for our Monday drop.

8. TurnpikeTourist

Apr 12, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Nice. I'm headed to warrens ny. With a Tyson load. Sitting close to Syracuse today

9. TurnpikeTourist

Apr 12, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Just got a trifecta!
    So relieved and happy. On to the TNT phase with the same instructor so it should be a great time. He has taught me so much in the last 2 weeks not only about driving but the business side as well and retirement goals. I can only imagine how much he will teach in the next few months.

10. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    Congratulations!!!

Welcome to the club!

11. TurnpikeTourist

Apr 12, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Thank you!! Appreciate that.
    I was more nervous than my instructor lol. He told me I was gonna pass, but being new I still had my own small doubts.
    Passed the pre trip missing one thing, aced the backing with zero points and got 10 points on the road test.
    The examiner said I almost beat his record. I sight parralled in 1:35. For never really backing I picked it up real quick.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.