Just what the heck is a "shag fee"?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by KGB0911, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008
    shag fee?? isnt that what that girl in the ta parking lot the other night was looking for :biggrin_25517:
    If your a company driver sometimes you get these do um and keep your dispatcher happy are your paycheck wont be happy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thumper

Aug 22, 2008
    Pan you wasnt the first and wont be the last to kill a stopsign lol
    Ive killed a few on purpose with trailers in the past.

4. happypappy25

happypappy25 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2008
    League City, Texas
    :biggrin_2552:Just one of those days I guess, My Bad, LOL:biggrin_25519:

5. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks Thumper, would prefer not to kill anymore myself, on purpose or otherwise. I prefer to do new stupid things each day. hehehe How's the new job?

6. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    and now back to shagging, is this the same scam as having to use lumpers and does anyone really understand why we have to do such things?

7. MAG 1232

MAG 1232 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Casa Grande AZ
    Had to unload a Cat Excavator in a cul-de-sac and no room for a u-turn. After I unloaded I used chains and the machine to lift the lowboy, spin it around then rehook the goose neck and I was outta there.:biggrin_25525:

8. goose19726

goose19726 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    harrah, ok
    I just delivered a load to "chariton wholesale grocery" in chariton IA, however the name on the place was Hy-Vee

I don't understand why they can't use the name on the side of the building, it is considerably less confusing for those of entering an area for the first time

just more proof that common sense really is not all that common

9. Thumper

Aug 22, 2008
    New job is going well got a semi decaited gig from atl to laredo once a week and back so i get to the house a few days a week.
    Far as shags most companies will have them and the company drivers will get most of them example
    L/o comes in with a load to rockwall that doesnt dev in dallas for 2 days well they want to make sure he at least payshis truck payment so they will have him drop it and get a empty and route a company guy 90% of the time thru to dev it because they dont care your forced dispatch.
    Same otherway around if a Dm has a good driver he likes he may have a company driver pick up a good load and drive it 200 miles only to swap with his Lo and get the Lo's shag a few miles to dev

:biggrin_25511:
    Good luck there a few of my buds say the last 2 weeks it has gone down hill badly not sure whats up said they are cuttingmoney big time and sent some of the paid guys to smaller desks and checks:biggrin_2554:

10. Thumper

Aug 22, 2008
    Far as the 2 guys talking about directions I NEVER listen to any company I always call ahead and get best I can as well and map it on my gps its not always right but between the 2 it normally goes well
    Any guy wantingto be a clown calls his DM and says these are wrong update it will these and without checking they do and have you in a Deadend or something and the Clown thinks he is bein funny

11. pullingtrucker

pullingtrucker Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Fostoria, Ohio
    The name problems, lumper fees, and shag fees are all associated with the grocery industry. The grocery companies hire 3rd party warehouses to warehouse, sort, and ship the products to the stores . In turn the 3rd party warehouses hire lumpers so they don't have to pay labour costs and the even higher cost of insurance and workers comp. To even further themselves (the grocery companies) will hire outside companies to shag the trailers. All this is done to supposevily (sp) save money and limit liability. In the end all it does is increase the cost of a product or somebody eats the expense. For these very reasons I won't pull reefer and very seldom will take a load into a grocery warehouse unless it pays very-very-very well and/or I am guarenteed detention pay.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.