Kenan Advantage

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by truckingmechanic, Jan 8, 2016.

1. truckingmechanic

truckingmechanic Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2015
    I am looking all around for trucking jobs of all types but I was wondering what is the pay at a company like Kenan Advantage?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stevez57305

stevez57305 Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Florida
    Depends on what area your in and what your hauling they have a few companies under their belt thats why it is called kag group

4. truckingmechanic

Sep 4, 2015
    Im in Wisconsin so it might be Klemm tank lines I think. I was also wondering if there is an lease or O/O option available?

5. stevez57305

stevez57305 Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Florida
    I believe klemm is company. But i have been wrong before. If you call them up they can tell you what all they have in your area. I know o/o is kenan and dist tech in the south

truckingmechanic Thanks this.
  6. BullJockey

BullJockey Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Crystal River, Fl
    I'm going on my 3rd week with Klemm (training outta Robinson, Il), love it so far, yes they do put on O/O, as mentioned above give Wisconsin a call and see what/where they need an O/O. hope this helps and best of luck!

7. truckingmechanic

Sep 4, 2015
    Thanks BullJockey how do you like it so far? what is a typical day like? Any help would be great thanks

8. BullJockey

Oct 19, 2013
    Crystal River, Fl
    Finished 3rd week of training, will attend their orientation in Indy Tuesday and Wednesday after that I'll have training on Thursday and finish up on Friday, my truck is in the shop getting the overhead run (million mile truck and a flat bottom tank), Pete, nothing fancy but in decent condition! We've been running fairly hard, 14 hour days with a 16 hour turn each week....so yeah dispatch will keep you on the go.
    Haven't been more than 100 mi from the house, my shift will be Tue-Sat (my choice), home every night, they pay for everything we do, detention after 1st hour, drop n hook, split loads, any over nights, .43 cpm all miles, each load has a base pay + miles, pump offs, uniforms, $150/day + $25/day per-diem and hotel.
    Trainer is a cool dude with a vast knowledge of fuel hauling, I've learned a lot in the short time I've been working with him, basically I've done all the driving loading/unloading since my 2nd day on the job, these guys are strict on safety, the places we load out of are very strict on safety and so far I'm carded at about 7-8 of out refineries/bulk plants in the southern Ind/Ill/Ky areas.
    I'm fairly content with Klemm so far, a typical day goes like this....
    5am cst arrive at yard and pretrip truck/trailer, log in Qualcomm and download/view your run(s) for the day, subject to change and any moment! Proceed to load up then make your delivery, once you deliver the load and paperwork (BOL) is signed you'll enter the load data and receive your next dispatch and repeat the process. End of day will be wherever you're required to park the truck, refuel and post trip!
    Enough for now, if interested in hearing how things go just make a comment. Thanks and drive safe my friends....

9. truckingmechanic

Sep 4, 2015
    That sounds pretty good thanks for letting me know all of this. How are things working out lately for you?

10. BullJockey

Oct 19, 2013
    Crystal River, Fl
    Doing fine, we had the 1st of 2 days orientation, hotel is in Brownsburg In about 5mi from the indy terminal, show started at 8am. Sat through the usual company policy stuff and State / Fed regs relating to hauling fuel etc. a few vids, paid lunch then more vids and a small test. All in all a good and informative day. Tomorrow will consist of terminal tour, some on the road stuff and the SMITH system, lunch and another test then we're released.

11. solitary_con

solitary_con Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Cook County, IL
    Not sure about WI, but a large percentage of the Chicago operations is lease operators. The last I heard they were paying roughly 70 percent of the load. What that translate to, I can't say. The drivers I spoke with didn't want to get into specifics.
    On the company side there is a high turnover rate. The driver manager is a real "A" and can't be trusted.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.