Kenan Advantage

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by truckingmechanic, Jan 8, 2016.

1. CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Bakken Basin
    Leaving the Bakken Basin soon, Partially filled out an app online yesterday and today kenan out of North Carolina has emailed me twice to finish it...
    Anyone have info for the area? Same or different pay?
    Thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckingmechanic

truckingmechanic Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Do you know what 70 percent of the load would be?

4. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    I have a buddy who pulls for klemm out of Owensboro Kentucky.
    He's making around the area of 750-800 a day. Seems to be pretty happy with it.
    He says it's about 8 lease operators in his area. They are dispatched from Green Bay.

5. truckingmechanic

Sep 4, 2015
    Thats decent money but I thought it would be more but I'd take that any day

6. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    I used to work for the Kenan transport entity out of Alabama. I made decent money until they begin losing contracts.
    Gas hauling is a crazy world.
    One minute you're making money an the next you're scraping over sloppy seconds.
    I averaged around 1800-2000 take home each week. Home every night an worked two Saturday's a month.

truckingmechanic Thanks this.
  7. truckingmechanic

Sep 4, 2015
    That sounds like a decent income and you were home every night which is nice too. Do you have any other information? I am looking into this and any info would be great

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Gas in general,

12 hours a shift if the work is there . And your outside a lot in all kinds of weather.

Holidays and weekends are a must . Loading racks are like 40 years old and the majors who own them won't fix anything. And one good spill or cross drop and your done.

Gas rates are like everything else these days they suck......

You can make $800 a day with low miles but you will earn every penny.....

9. CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Bakken Basin
    Would you mind specifying at least what year you were there and about how many contracts were lost and how much it effected the pay etc. Thanks

10. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013

11. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    I was there from 2011-2015
    Also I went from making 800 a day to just over 500 a day. U take out about 1100 for fuel each week an my take home went from 2200 to just under 1400-1500 a week. In gas hauling, most of the major companies operate off of contracts...the smaller companies get the filler loads or basically the cheap loads the major companies don't want. An most of the time those loads are in the middle in nowhere at some rinky dink mom an pop gas station an you have to pull almost every foot of hose you have on trailer out to even put the gas in the ground.
    An those gas hoses are insanely heavy EMPTY!...so imagine hooking up 40ft of hose an dumping gas thru it only to have to walk this hose down an try to drain it off once you're empty.
    It's an extremely dirty job.
    Forget about keeping yourself clean.
    An you will be buying a pair of boots every 2-3months because that fuel eats thru the bottom of them like acid.
    You'll never get that awful smell of petro out of your truck either from walking in gasoline puddles all day at the loading racks.

BullJockey Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.