Kevin Rutherford? Good info or not?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 541johnson, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    What is funny is Bill sat right on the front row through 3 hours of KR's seminars at MATS that surprises me for a guy with such a negative attitude towards KR.

Maybe Bill will call into show and express all those claims?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Somebody sent him a link to this thread.....:biggrin_255:

4. Stump

Stump Heavy Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Modesto CA

Unless you try to follow his advice, you will never know. He did not start published and still offered great advise. He has built a great thing. Its up to you how you use it. His advice does not cost money.

When i first listen to his show i thought it was a little crazy. But i researched it, all the things he talked about. Then i applied the free advice. Guest what, it helped. Now i'am ready to make a few small upgrades and try to cut my cost more. Its worth a shot. Ive meet people that have made the same upgrades and it help them alot in there cost.

My shop thinks i'am crazy, but i will never know unless i try. $400-$600 in investment on upgrades to save on fuel. If i fail, its just money i would have spent on stupid crap anyways.

SheepDog and Dice1 Thank this.
  5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    It was an o/o leased to Landstar and from the looks of it all the fuel savings in the world aren't going to help him. If he could figure out how to get that average up over $2 or well over all of a sudden he'd be thinking of better fuel mileage as a bonus instead of something that's going to make or break him.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  6. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    I have been listening to his show off and on for a few years but all I have really done up to this point is drive slow no upgrades at all yet to my truck and Since I started using his fuel gauges program about 13,000 miles ago I am at 7.74 mpg. I was getting better previously but have had a lot of heavy loads lately. I have a few different modifications I am doing soon and that will make my mpg better. Getting 7.74 mpg with the fuel discounts I get through my company I am paying right at .50 per gallon for fuel since starting on fuel gauges. If I was running around at 70 like a lot of guys at my company are I would be a less than 6.0 mpg and paying about .70 per mile or more for fuel. Most drivers would love to have a .20 per mile raise. Having the air tabs put on tomorrow and Michelin Xone Xda Energy super singles put on within the next few weeks plus getting a Fleet air filter soon so we will see how much higher the mpg's gets.

Dice1 and SheepDog Thank this.
  7. wcurtin1962

wcurtin1962 Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Product endorsement is what fuels broadcasting, there's not one show out there without some form of product endorsements. If you can't judge something for yourself, ask around about it.
    The slowing down does work, a 1.5 MPG increase in my case. Also less wear and tear on the truck. Plus less aggravation. A friend of mine has gotten two tickets in Tennessee in the last two months by not paying attention to the speed limit slowdowns. If he was running 55-60 instead of 65-70, things would be different for him.

SheepDog and Dice1 Thank this.
  8. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Dice, the lies that spew out of your mouth are absolutely amazing. I can't stand 10-mins of his show. Why would I waste my time at MATS sitting through hours of sales pitches.

KR is a master at promoting himself (not saying that as a bad thing) so I am sure he has videos and photos from show. Not a hard guy to miss. And I believe he presented on Friday. So I'll make it easy. I was wearing a light blue button down shirt and tan pants.

For the record, I have all the respect for anyone that can leverage knowledge in any business to make more money. And the reason I participate here is because I think helping O/O's is an admirable thing. KR hits a lot of the basics on managing a trucking business. But the respect is lost when the way he makes his money is promoting products that have not been proven but also that have been proven not to work. Shame on him.

You can't even discuss ideas on his forum because he allows a bunch of fools to destroy the conversation.

So Dice, why don't you stay over there and spread your lies to the other cool aid drinkers.

9. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    I knew Bill would ignore what Kevin said asking what product manufacturer it supposedly was.

Dice1 Thanks this.
  10. RW.

RW. Heavy Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    west central IL
    He's not making any money here.

11. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Not at all. As soon as I get home I am going to be digging for the card of the snake oil salesman and send him an email.

You say Indiana. Hope you it Southern and you run south. LRR tires are not recommended by manufactures if you drive in snow/ice conditions. Michelin makes a great single for OTR that spends time in inclement weather.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.