KKW a big disappointment

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Wishful, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Wishful

Wishful Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Well, by now you saw it coming. Another trucker career bites the dust. I doubt he will get a decent reference, after what now is exactly 4 months of doing everything they asked. At least the 3rd time being shorted miles on his check and never receiving any detention pay. When the check is $400 and they rob you $75 it is a big deal. He was told by payroll that he needs to talk to his dispatcher to resolve the problem. Well, maybe this doesn't surprise anyone. But my husband is really easy to get along with. He claims he has been very courteous with his dispatcher. Although he does not have another job, he is quitting. I am glad. Best wishes for success to everyone!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Be sure to tell your husband to be careful how he separates from the company, And he may want to ask "How long of a notice does one need to get out of here on good terms/" Meaning How does one leave this establishment and not get dings on their DAC report for something they never did in the first place, I highly recommend he have something to go to rather then leaving and then finding something, first he isn't going to have an income and second he is going to need to fill the gap with something so he can account for the 3 or 10 years previous. What happens when it is 60-90 days before another fish bites, I have skipped through this thread, how much time does he have in? If he is under a year he will be bagging groceries at your local grocery store rather then driving a truck, Because a new employer is going to see his "I quit" and wonder if they are his next EX employer if an issue comes up... I'm just speaking from what I have seen happening to guys I know. But whatever he does good luck!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    Wishful Thanks this.
  4. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Payroll issue's happen all the time. Some time on purpose and sometimes on accident. I was shorted this week for covering somebody else's load, and was promised I'd get 50 bucks, but I guess the dispatcher never let payroll know. So even though I put it on my trip sheet. It wasn't paid because dispatcher failed to put it in the computer. I could call pay roll and cry about it, but I won't. That week was only a 1500 mile week because they were looking for loads to get me home so even an experienced guy of over 14 years and making .40cpm will be looking at probably $300 or less after tax's and child support are taken out.

As most stated earlier. Never count on getting detention. The company can only pay the driver if the shipper or receiver pays them. Now I'm sure the trucking company might pocket that money if they do get it and tell the driver they never got it, but that's just what one comes to expect after driving awhile. I hope he doesn't call it quit's. Just after one company. If he enjoys his job and is a safe driver. I'm sure others will give him a chance, but he might have to go out a week or 2 with a trainer since he doesn't have 6 months experience.

Now if you guys are fed up with the industry then we all understand. Hope you guy will find what you are looking for in the future. God bless

ch1959 and Wishful Thank this.
  5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.

Dinomite Thanks this.
  6. Wishful

Wishful Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2013
    The final check came. You know it, they shorted him the 200 + miles driving from Sumner, Wa. to Portland, Or. then back up to Longview, Wa. They had him running around looking for a trailer. That took a whole day. After four months, he earned $8200. He was gone more than 80% of the time. I am glad he quit working for KKW. They also never reimbursed $15 out of pocket for DEF fuel, plus all the other stuff I already wrote. No employer should rob their employees that way. Why any hard working truck driver would accept such treatment is beyond my understanding. The trucking industry should not get away with such practices. That job holds a lot of responsibility and the people at the wheel should not be treated like beaten down dogs. My husband ended up looking for a job the next day after he quit and got hired the first place he went. He is working at a GMC Buick dealership. He has the option to start out at $2500 salary or go straight commission. The insurance is $580 a month, rather than the $1327 as month KKW offered. It is way less stressful and he is home every day. If you are considering driving for KKW I would advise that there has got to be something better. Thanks to everyone who had helpful things to say during what was a rough time. Truckers report rocks!

Bumper and JRTBud Thank this.
  7. full speed

full speed Heavy Load Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Los angeles CA.
    Wishful, contact me, my company's hiring right now. Send me a private message how I can contact you guys.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  8. full speed

Apr 20, 2010
    Los angeles CA.
    Also for best results don't quite right now and if he is give a formal notice.

9. full speed

Apr 20, 2010
    Los angeles CA.
    You guys contact me me a call I'll see what I can do for you.

10. full speed

Apr 20, 2010
    Los angeles CA.
    Hey wishful sorry I didn't read the last of that last message, good for you guys I hope the best.

Wishful Thanks this.
  11. lynx579

lynx579 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2013
    Wishful - sorry about your husbands experience especially because he is new to the industry. I work for KKW (since 1987) - just want full disclosure. I realize it's too late to change your mind about the company, but it was just too hard to read the thread and not respond.

Are we perfect, nope. I've taken an inventory of some of the frustrations that your husband went through and we'll be doing an internal review to try to make it better for the next person.

PS: If your husband has expenses that he hasn't been reimbursed for, please private message me and I'll look into it for you.

Bumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.