KLLM Driving Academy (Lancaster, TX)

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Teion, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Mitchellpilot909

Mitchellpilot909 Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    We had to go pick up a load at the kraft factory in Wisconsin and combine it with our Florida load, waiting for them to finish loading before we can head to florida

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Delivered in Iowa park. Took less then 30 minutes to unload. Got a trailer washout. Picked up in sulphur Springs now sitting at the Lancaster yard. Trainer got a random to do so we are on hold. This load is going to Alabama, but I think we dropping it here.

4. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Picking up an mty in Dallas. Then picking up our load in waco. We are headed to Victorville, CA. Been sitting at the yard all day. I'm going take a nap before starting the graveyard shift lol.

5. Mitchellpilot909

Aug 13, 2016
    They ran us in a big circle. We first went to salt lake then Chicago then Florida then Dallas and back to salt lake, now we are in Chicago again and headed to Florida tomorrow night lol.

6. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    lol i hope they won't have us in a circle. My first picked today we waited 5 hrs just to get loaded with 1400 pounds of product. That made us late to our second pick up. I'm sitting in the door now waiting to be loaded. 1500 miles back to dallas. Going to be a long night.

7. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Past few days been stuck in the Midwest region. Trainer going to request a load out west again. Been running pretty good with the occasional waiting 6 or more hours at the customer. Chicago by far to me has the worse traffic. Came close to hitting a few cars due to them cutting me off real close. Also came close to hitting Bambi this morning going to Michigan.

Mitchellpilot909 Thanks this.
  8. Mitchellpilot909

Aug 13, 2016
    I had a close call with a low shoulder in a construction zone yesterday. It pulled my truck hard almost into the ditch. Was pretty darn scary.

9. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    I know what you mean. Going through construction up here in the Midwest been a nightmare. Got a load to pick up at the portage yard. Going to Victorville, CA. Nice long run. Today marks the start of week 4. Just two more weeks then I can upgrade. Been talking to other drivers. Most say go company for 6 months to a year then if I want to lease get on a dedicated route. Don't really have any intentions of leasing. Doesn't pay enough to me.

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @sarendstrucker here's a good thread on KLLM/FFE
    Those new drivers are knocking down some good miles.

11. Mitchellpilot909

Aug 13, 2016
    Yep, my trainer and I run around 4300 miles a week.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.