Kllm Lease Questions

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Gucci25, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Gucci25

Gucci25 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Hello! Grab your popcorn cause I have a funny story.... I'm 21 been solo for 4 weeks as company driver. I'm going to Kllm for leasing after winter. I will be living in the truck for 6 months then turning the truck in to buy my own truck cash. All I wanna know is what will happen when I turn the truck in? I have a 780 credit score and I do not want to ruin it. (I ran my own business from home from 15-20 "eBay") I have a business plan in place. I'm only using these lease agreement as a trail run before I go buy a brand new truck cash. My other question is since I want be going home (There is no home, family, kids, bills, cars, insurance, (use to be an apartment "Left after lease ended to live in truck") if I was to go into the whole is it possible to walk away from the lease right then after paying the balance of course?

Now you can laugh. Yes I know us rookies fall into the lease program mostly because it takes us from making .20cpm at Knight to maybe .90cpm leasing. We don't do it to own the truck. We do it as a shortcut to bigger paycheck. Why no family? I was a foster kid

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    Pure.Genius Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    I would check out Schneider choice. There are a lot of threads on here about them. It seams to be the best ( my opinion ) Or check out prime and jct.. much better than any others. ( my opinion ) Good Luck !

4. Gucci25

Apr 12, 2015
    Yes, I wanted to go to Schneider because they are better using the load board but they don't have a walkaway lease. I atleast need to be able to walk away from it incase things don't work out.

5. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Anytime you finance ANYTHING in this world, if you fail to pay, that balance doesn't just go poof.

I think they'd report the remaining to a collection agency and try to muscle you into paying, or turn your 780 into a 500.

Have to read into it I suppose. I'm going older for my first independent truck, closer to your age ( and mine :p ) as a matter of fact.

6. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    Im pretty sure they do, ask freightwipper, jar head, DFO, Sadwar.. all can help with that.

7. Gucci25

Apr 12, 2015
    Well, if they toss it onto credit score that plan is out the window

8. truckerlife74

truckerlife74 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte nc
    There is a walk away lease program with Schneider after 1 year. Do some more research

9. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Schneider reqiures 1 year OTR experience.

10. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    To lease a truck that is...unless your a company driver for them.. In that case its 6 months, but if you work otr for another carrier its 1 year

Blessedtruker86 Thanks this.
  11. antpat21

antpat21 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2013
    WA
    I currently drive for KLLM been here since February. Yes, their lease purchase is a "walk away" lease. And no, they do not report lease payments or if you decide to "walk away," to the credit bureau.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.