Knight cdl school Indianapolis getting shut down

Discussion in 'Knight' started by SHOJim, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    It must of been costing them to much to operate that spot out near the airport. The Knight terminal there can no way accommodate the school, WAY WAY to small. So i'm kind of guessing it was cost or simply just a bad area to have one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Humm, Guess Knight is getting out of the school side of things. They did it a odd way anywho, The MS branch had a decent amount of space also. Guess it will go back to trailer parking which in a way is kind of nice as sometimes that place is a just packed with trailers.

4. jayfish

jayfish Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Fowlerton, Indiana
    Yeah, I had heard that the Indy terminal is going to move. While training we even would drive to the new terminal location. They said they where going to move the school there. That was just a few weeks ago. It's sad to see this happening. Great trainers and great people. Hoping further down the line they open them both back up.

5. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Being intimately familiar with Knight (5 yrs), there obviously must not be enuf $$$ in it for Knight to continue with the program and they are not desperate for drivers.

Keep hearing that there are lots of trucking jobs but not many can get past the drug testing 'these days.'

Which is great for former military folks as alcohol was the std off-duty way of relaxing (aka, Beer Calls after work). Back in my day (as they say), a responsible person could drink & drive---'responsible' meaning that they didnt hit anything or anyone on the way home...:p

6. sleepily

sleepily Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Somewhere, Rhode Island
    Are they still offering CDL schooling in other areas? Knight was going to be one of my top choices.

7. boiseburb

boiseburb Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Being that I am quitting my job and putting my eggs in Knights' Squire CDL training basket, this thread has been a little disturbing. As long as everything goes as planed I will be heading to Phoenix on 7/6 to start CDL Training.

What I found out about Indianapolis and Olive Branch are that surrounding states' DMV's are not accepting Squire CDL training when testing for a CDL. This has shrunk the amount of students that can attend Squire CDL training in these areas and those terminals are no longer viable as CDL Training sites.

Phoenix has taken some hits (No California or Washington), but enough students from Idaho, Nevada, and Utah are attending which allows the doors to remain open. Though the doors are still open, the belt is still tight, that is why the student must pay for lodging and in some cases travel costs to get there.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  8. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    For those of you that want to go to a Sponsored CDl school with a company, why not go to PRIME? They have a great training from what I hear, also my gf is attending their program next month, she's studying for the permit right now before she has to go. You train with a trainer (already OTR and learning the job) for 75 hours/10k miles, come back to terminal, test for the CDl exam, get your cdl and then you're officially hired. (note) when you're in the school you're not considered an employee yet, so be careful to not get hurt or anything because it will come out of your pocket.

After you get your cdl then you go out with a trainer for another 30k miles, then you come back to terminal, test again for your A status (which is to get your own truck) and then I'm guessing it starts counting towards your year of employment. If not before, I'm not really sure about it. If you were to quit/fired and what not, their school is only $3500, no interst, that's all you have to pay back. They provide a hotel and 3 meals a day, and transportation to their terminal, Just saying. look into it.

Good luck.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID

So what your saying is its pretty much the exact program Knight has. I never did CDL training but from what i have heard its pretty much the same, maybe mes can chime in as I believe he did this also.

10. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Well, Knight makes you pay for transportation to school and it doesn't pay for the hotel... So it's not quite the same, it makes a big difference.

11. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Depending on where you live. I really cant comment on what it is now as i have not asked, I'm in Idaho Falls tonight ill find out tomorrow what the deal is now. If i had to guess they might get out of it all together, guess we will see.

They used to pay for everything but ill find out whats changed and report back.

boiseburb and Dharok Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.