KOCH TRUCKING....out of minneapolis,mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by speediemac91, Mar 1, 2013.

1. speediemac91

speediemac91 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2012
    set to fly to orientation on sunday for koch trucking.....looking for some feed back from any current drivers or anyone with some info bout company....i have seen some good and bad on here....just wanting some current news.....any help?

thx-

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. steven7994

steven7994 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    How's it going?I've been at koch for just over a yr now.

4. speediemac91

Sep 3, 2012
    Well I've been here now for 3 months...runnin on the cummins division and I really have no complaints...very solid company

5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Did you take the CRT test during orientation? If so, how was it? They sent me a video... Here is the link to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mr8sonP5Tg

Is this what you did?? And what kind of truck did you get? International? Volvo? High roof with double bunk? Or single bunk? And what is the speed of the truck? Please, keep everybody posted.

eagleman93 Thanks this.
  6. speediemac91

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes that's exactly the test we did...iam a smoker...so I was winded...but no problems finishing each set...and as of now I've been here almost 6 months...I would recommend to u too ask to get on the cummins board...I got a volvo with 450k miles on it...no major problems at all with it...its a 8 speed with an apu.. its goverend at 64...high roof double bunk...I get my loads....and run...avg bout 2700 miles a wk...my fm and I hardly need to talk on the phone...iam not late with any loads...she stays off my qualcomm...I definitely recommend koch...its a very efficient company...no micro managin...not many headaches...plus the 1200 orientation bonus is nice;)

OPUS 7 and eagleman93 Thank this.
  7. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Yes... what about the no personal conveyance rule they have? :biggrin_2552: Do you do like the other driver who wrote he just logs out and then back in?... and hopefully will not be caught? Cummins board?? What board is that? I told them I would like to go everywhere but NYC and they said best would be OTR and they don't force anybody to go to NYC... really?
    Never drove a 8 speed... What is the difference between that and a 10 speed? Thanks for the info... :biggrin_25519:

8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Good for you that you got a high roof with double bunk... If I were offered a single bunk, I would refuse and wait till they had a double bunk... Not trying to be picky but, I know I can't live and cook and have all my stuff in a place that small.... :biggrin_25513: So, I have been trying to find a company that doesn't have trucks with single bunks... and automatics.... that's a NO! NO! for me.

Marky84 Thanks this.
  9. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    what do your checks look like? do they pay every week? and how long is ort. ?? and do have to bunk with someone?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  10. speediemac91

Sep 3, 2012
    Honestly not sure if they even have a low ceilin in there trucks....most are volvos....yes cummins board...from what I can tell...they have the most consistend miles...plus u get to pick your own load...its running generators for cummins...and iam sure there's no automatics here...and u get to run otr just as much as u want...u can go home every other weekend. ...if u want....I run five weeks out...off five days...

eagleman93 Thanks this.
  11. speediemac91

Sep 3, 2012
    My checks are....for me anyways...usually good to real nice. ..u drive solo...no bunkin with anyone...but u can bring a ride along first day with the company...and oh yea....iam a company driver...always will be... no forced dispatch to nyc...and usually if u accept a load there....its a extra 100 bucks or so...on top of the miles..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.