Kwt660

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by kw713, Aug 21, 2016.

1. kw713

kw713 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2016
    An engine code shows fuel rai pressure what is that truck is working fine i thinck so

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    One of our did that for a while. Possibly a sensor, but change fuel filter and try that.

kw713 Thanks this.
  4. kw713

kw713 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Fuel filter wher chanded 5000 miles ago

5. Sharky88

Sharky88 Heavy Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    So? You could have gotten bad fuel. It's a cheap filter to change. See if that works

kw713 Thanks this.
  6. kw713

kw713 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2016
    I just changed then bothe but the light is still on it says fuel rail pressre ill change the sensore se wgat happen

7. easy roller

easy roller Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Houston, TX
    have u found out what is causing the fuel rail pressure diagnosis--I have been having the same problem for the past year or so but truck performance has not been affected--problem only shows when I self diagnose the truck--have been to the shop several times with cummins for other issues and this code does not show up--has not affected anything

8. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    What model ISX do you have? If it's one with the common rail, the sensor is at the front of the common rail.
    Another possibility... these engines are terrible for losing seals on the fuel pumps, and a lot of carriers will have to reseal the fuel pumps before the dealership(s) they're trading them in to will accept them. Well, they're trying to be as cheap about it as possible, so sometimes they won't replace the banjo seals where the fuel lines connect the fuel pump, and you get little bits of rubber which get into the fuel system... if the DTCs show issues with all six injectors, that would be a very likely culprit.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.