L.W. Miller Co. - Logan, Ut.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by azraelle, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asturt

asturt Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Chester UK
    Hi there again Cupcake , wish I could pm you but got to make 50 posts for that privilege. I got back to the UK in December and got the info re greencrds in the mail from Australia yesterday. So reading through hoping to get a better idea of what is possible. We definitely want to give it a try.

cupcake Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. examerican

examerican Bobtail Member

For sure,go over and give it a try,You just have too,it is an extremely great experience that I was privaliged to do for 4.5 years myself,No matter what happened.

Don't let my one bad experience put you off or that TFU are not that competant,Sadly,they are the only way we can get there LEGALLY,So go do it fella,Go to the USA and drive that Peterbilt and love it,OK.

4. asturt

asturt Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Chester UK
    Am planning on it somehow or other examerican, thanks!
    Maybe I am luckier than some and do not worry so much regarding the finances of it all, have spent many years planning and wanting to attempt this and this method seems to provide a doorway of possibility and I already have great friends over there. If it hits me in the *&^ on the way out then fair enough. I still have a home to come back to and family. Am old enough not to be angered easily and I work hard.
    Hopefully it will pan out, there is much research to be done still.

5. cupcake

cupcake Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2007
    uk
    Hiya mate, I'm at back yard, right of TNT, all day Sunday from 10am if you want to chat. PS Blue Focus

6. examerican

I would take a guess that you are younger than me and don't actually have kids or if you are older they are all grown up.

That would make a huge difference.
    The only reason I drove for LW Miller was for the greencard,No other reason at all,In fact,it was the only reason I drove USAOTR again.

We saved here in NZ for some time to go back to the USA after a break and went without the whole time just to get back on my small wage in NZ.

It cost us alot of money to get back with two adults and 3 kids.

As I mentioned to whole time we were in the USA with LWM we struggled and did not make enough most weeks to pay the bills.

Then To have LWM pull the plug on us just as we were accepted for the I140 tell us we had to go made me extremely angry and then not have any suppot fromAnnette from that recruiting company for overseas drivers that reside in Australia,at all made me very angry.

The guys that did get out of sorts with LWM,Like myself are the ones that would not let them get away with how they were treating us.
    You guys can listen to anyone you like,Or talk to LWM,But the facts are the facts,and the fact is that there were a few of us that were shafted,But I gaurentee that LWM is not the only company that treats overseas drivers bad, I know this for a fact,How,Because I have been in the USA since 1993 and driving since 1997 and seen it over and over.

It is great to hear opinions from Guys like the guy in the post below that seem to know everything that goes on with us old time USAOTR drivers from overseas,when they have never driven a truck in the USA more or less even been there
    I am over it now as we have our Dodge Ram Van here in NZ now and own a Bizness,But I will never forgive LWM or TFU for what they done to us.

We came back here with nothing and had to live in a tent

We had to borrow the money to get back to NZ.

I became very frustrated with the way we were treated at LWM like a few of the other guys and I tryed not to show it to the company,But when you are being treated unfairly and not making a great deal of money and you cannot do a dam thing about it,you become very frustrated and it makes life hard and it builds up over all those months.

I don't think I said or done anything to detriment my employment with LWM,But they were such an angry sad bunch of people with narrow minds,it did not take much to make them sulk.

Personally, I feel I should have been born in the USA,I moved there in 1993.
    I have hated NZ since I was about 5 and still do,So that does not help in my frustration of how it turned out,I was that close to my greencard and I had to try and obtain it in a way that made me misserable and took me away from my Family for a year and a half,especially my 6 month old and then it was all for nothing.

So Yes,I am very Angry.

7. usatogo

usatogo Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Little Rock Arkansas
    TFU never did anything to EXAMERICAN to hurt his dreams. He wrecked his dream all by himself. All the "other drivers" he mentions are happy little truckers, working and earning money for their families. Other families have succeeded and still suceed.

8. examerican

9. examerican

10. examerican

why aren't you getting picked on for what you have to say about lwm??

11. examerican

I have had enough of this game

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.