Labatt San Antonio

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by TheDudeAbides, Aug 12, 2015.

1. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    So I'm getting my 1 year of experience and doing my research into my next position to pursue and food service is looking appealing. I like to work, managed restaurants for years, and looks like it pays well. I occasionally see an ad for Labatt Food Service and haven't seen anything about pay. I'm assuming it's comparable to other outfits but who knows. I stopped and talked to a guy unloading a Performance Food Group truck one day and he said he made $77k his first year. Thanks in advance for any help anyone has.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    The 1st year working for that company? Did he say how long he'd been working for them when you talked to him, or how much total experience he had ?

4. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Labatt is one of the lower paying companies. Ben e Keith would pay better and they are around the corner. Performance food group Does a lot of team stuff lots of cases coming off at each stop. I'm sure he worked like a madman to make that much.

TheDudeAbides Thanks this.
  5. TheDudeAbides

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I only chatted for a quick minute or 2 as I didn't want to hold him up but just started the conversation saying I was interested in that line of work once I get my year in and he basically said yes, the money is good, the work is hard but you get used to it then quoted me that number. He was pulling a 48' but only because his normal smaller trailer reefer was down and he was solo, at least that day. I got the picture that he was with them around 2 years.

Dinomite Thanks this.
  6. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion man.

Sorry, had to.

7. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    I looked into them a couple years ago when I moved to SA. They said 650 to 1000 a week, But it depends alot on your route for local delivery. The 650 was on the low side when you first started as I understood and 800 to 950 ( 950 was the actual number used) was their top drivers. At the time they wanted 6 months experience but that was when the patch was hot.

I can't speak to much else I took a job in the patch, however starting to look around as things slow down going to be tough I hear guys are bailing like rats on a sinking ship.

8. TheDudeAbides

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah. I gotta stick it out at my current position for 4 more months till I get my year. I'm getting $800 a week now plus 2 days off a week. I'm hoping to be able to increase that By a few hundred dollars and not have to start at 2am

9. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Just for s***s and grins you might consider contacting Black Horse Carriers they say 2 years but just started advertising for SA on Clist home daily they say, might be worth a try worst thing they can do is say no.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.