Land star questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by SH42, Jul 3, 2015.

1. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    I'm confused. Are you now leasing to Landstar or somehow continuing to lease to the previous company who will be leased to Landstar. If so, why wouldn't you lease to LS yourself?

SheepDog Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I agree with this post. Sounds like OP is doing well clearing good money and home weekends.

OP, what are you running van, open deck? Id stay.

4. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Hello FortyCalGlock... Here is the deal.... The CEO of the company I am contracted with is moving his fleet, including me, to Land Star so, I had to fill out a LS app... I owe 18 more payments for the Truck and Trailer I am buying from the CEO. So, I will be part of his fleet while leased to LS. Only two things I do not like about LS,,,,going back to a big company orientation and EOBR's but,,,,what is more important? I think dealing with the EOBR's is better than giving up on the 18 months I have left....

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  5. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Why they decide to lease to Landstar?

6. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    They are a small company with only 4 trucks and trailers, had 5 when I started. They had a driver that had two accidents/incidents that caused their Ins drop them and it cost them more to get Insured again. Now, the new Ins company is saying they have to pay more or get dropped, even after they excepted the company in the first place.. So, the company has to pay an un-godly amount to Ins 4 trucks, in which I would have to pay my share of, or go out of business. For the CEO, this is NOT an option so, he is looking at LS to keep them afloat for 9 months when one of the accidents/incidents fall off, at which point they will be able to get Ins at a lower price again. I have 18 more payments to go before the truck/trailer is mine so, I am kind of stuck with going where the company goes or turning in my truck. I figure if I get a loan to buy the truck/trailer out right, I will be paying longer and more money...

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  7. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    BTW,,,what EOBR's do LS use??? I am going to tell them that I think it is wrong to force me to have one when other BCO"s don't have to...

8. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Qualcomm. They'll tell you you don't have to lease on then. Your owner will sign a different contract than I did, just like those that have been here a long time have a contract that pays a higher percentage than I get.

9. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Qualcomm was the best EOBR I have used so that is good news... I know they don't have to hire me for not wanting to have an EOBR installed in my truck. I am really concerned about my future right now, with LS. The way things go for me in my current endeavor, I feel like God doesn't want me doing it...hmmm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.