landstar question.

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Misterpreston, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Misterpreston

Misterpreston Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Question does landstar have a discount cell phone plane. with the company I'm with it have a unlimited data plan with a wifi Hotspot through sprint and I wanted to see if landstar has something similar. I'm going to be signing on soon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I pay 10 per gig of data each month on my prepaid. It's a huge amount compared to what I consume very little. It accumulates each month. Then there is the 15 per month tracphone plan that is new. You get those rolled over.

II would not want to do this with trucking, you want unlimited everything if possible. ANything that gives you true unlimited is what you want. Believe me compared to the 100 dollar a month cell phone long ago and more than that in mexican pay phone cards today's plans are cheap now that the top 5 companies are fighting for post paid contract customers.

4. Misterpreston

Mar 24, 2016
    yea it's true unlimited. I use it to watch TV a lot with my amazon fire stick.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Misterpreston

Mar 24, 2016
    last month I usedon't 159 gb of data

6. LumbraX

LumbraX Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    159 gigs?????? In 1 month?? I never used that much data even in my teenage years when I would pirate everything from Movies to Xbox games.... That's unreal.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I burn almost a tera at home each month when traffic is added up. Fortunately the computer's ISP has a contract that they don't touch my traffic at whatever limits. But new customers have a 250 gig max before they get charged 10 per so many gigs burned over 250.

This is how they do it. You allow them to put up a wireless router at home for your laptop. Then you stream it to the television across the room using a HD Blue ray player with wireless. Boom you are over your limit KACHING.

Now... if you can get it off your unlimited smart phone and stream that to your home tv or truck tv with a wireless dongle you got it made.

8. Misterpreston

Mar 24, 2016
    Yea I watch a lot of stuff online while otr and I play my ps4

9. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    The a answer is yes, they have discount plans.

Misterpreston Thanks this.
  10. Misterpreston

Mar 24, 2016
    do you know if any offer unlimited data?

11. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    The LS discount is basically a % off from whatever cell carrier you have. So it would be whatever plan you already have. They aren't going to get involved in offer plans themselves, it is simply a discount through LCAPP.

Misterpreston and whoopNride Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.