Las Vegas OTR Drivers Who Do you Drive For?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by OTRReeferRunner, Oct 13, 2015.

1. OTRReeferRunner

OTRReeferRunner Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I'm an OTR Reefer driver running all 48 states and live Las Vegas. I don't see to many OTR Company
    trucks parked around the neighborhoods or the older residential streets around Las Vegas.

As most of you are aware we don't have a lot of trucking company choices wheither you are a company driver or a owner operator lease on with a company,due to the fact that Las Vegas is not a major freight route for a lot of trucking companies, nor a large commerce area for factories.

A few of the Mega companies hire drivers from the Las Vegas area, (Like: Werner, Knight, Swift,and etc.,) But not many midsize or small companies do.

Questions:

(1) So what OTR trucking do you drive for or lease too?

(2) How hard is it for the comany to get you back to Las Vegas or get a load back to Las

Vegas?

(3) Often do they get back home?

Note: Owner Operators & Lease Operators in Las Vegas your welcome to chime in on this question

too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i can't imagine van ffreight being that big a deal in vegas. the people need food and goods. and the population is plenty.

flatbed freight on the other hand. there's 3 sheetrock companies and 1 roofing company. neither pay good.

can't say for tankers.

4. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    You must mean Firestone? You get lucky with a good paying load from them.

Also have GE on the north side and yes USG

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    only hauled 2 firestones, with the first company i was with. everything else has been sheetrock. except for 1 load i took a couple months back. and i don't think they ship much at all. they're mostly local businesses

6. bigheart1216

bigheart1216 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2015
    I see more owner ops with there own authority running out of vegas. As you know it's not that easy to get in or out of vegas compared to other cities

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.