Las vegas

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by diesellover22, May 20, 2016.

1. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    No kidding. I can see by the expression on your face in your avatar!

Chinatown and Canned Spam Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Even though the condo is underwater, he still needs a place to live. It might recover someday.
    Maybe he should become a company driver temporarily until things improve. I know 0/0's can't stand the thought of slumming it in a company truck, but it might save his condo.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Estes is good for linehaul. I know some Nashville drivers that do linehaul for Estes and one of them said he makes in the $70K's.

diesellover22 Thanks this.
  5. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    He hasn't been an O/O for a long time, companies are not paying #### in Las Vegas for truck drivers. They are a dime a dozen. And like I said above, he makes more working under the table then a company driver. Truck driving is the one job everyone turns to as a last resort seeing all those ads posted everywhere only to find out they make more as a Walmart greeter.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Was just looking at the propertyVEGAS website and looks like some good deals in Chinatown section of Las Vegas. My sister-in-law bought a nice 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo there for $80K and it's in a very nice neighborhood. Lots of rentals there also. Last time I was cruising around there looking at the business part of Chinatown, noticed dozens of oriental massage parlors and had flashbacks from my Navy Daze. That area isn't sleazy looking either with lots of stores and restaurants mixed in.

7. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    They must be pretty good at what they do. Everyone I see coming out has a smile on their face!! :angel4:

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    They all seem so happy!
    Every time I leave the house, the wife yells, "Don't forget your cell phone!"
    I think she has a tracking device in it.

9. diesellover22

diesellover22 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Western u.s
    Yeah it seems like thats the kinda job for me when is there usual hiring season? where i live fedex put out a job listing the other day which is rare there, i like nashville atleast the couple of times ive been there the weather wasnt to bad even thought about moving there alot of work there

10. diesellover22

diesellover22 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Western u.s
    No state income taxes makes it attractive plus i like the city as well but gotta pay the bills so thats important

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I lived in Goodlettsville which is Metro Nashville. Born & raised just north of Nashville.
    Moved to Las Vegas; no more freezing snow and ice for months every winter.
    I don't know about the hiring season for those companies; just apply to the ones you like and see what happens.
    Reddaway is also there, but from what I can find out, Old Dominion is best followed by Estes as far as linehaul goes.
    Other than those, A&R Logistics is my favorite.

Rodeorowdy and diesellover22 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.