Lease purchase for a very small company

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by BlackKnight 918, Aug 6, 2016.

1. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Do the math. Run the company truck for a month,just like you are leasing. See if it's worth it.
    Make sure you have a good amount set aside for when the truck breaks down.
    I dropped 7k last week for parts to do a inframe. I do my own work,otherwise your looking at another 3500-4000 in labor,and that's not dealer rates. Dealer your looking 5k plus.

maninthemoon1 and BlackKnight 918 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BlackKnight 918

BlackKnight 918 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2016
    I did that got bored so decided to come back on the road but also wanted home time to be with wife & kids no complaints at all so I'm happy

4. BlackKnight 918

Jul 25, 2016
    Yea Just in case I change my mind I got 3k in bank but if I do lease it would be next year to be truthfully me & boss talk regularly so me wifey & kids can live comfortable off 1k a week after expenses she works also

5. BlackKnight 918

Jul 25, 2016
    But I appreciate the responses plus I been out here for 10yrs now just thought about something different for a change

6. f150trucker

f150trucker Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2016
    You'll make money . Don't go with those pct companies . Like SNI. Or LS. Those guys will lie about their rates without posting dead head or quarterly averages or post random quotes where they got 70 percent of a 3 dollar a mile 300 mile run two months ago . 3k miles a week *1.10= 3100, fuel is about .30 if you fuel at the best local places, fixed payment of 500 a week plus insurance and WC , about 700 total or 3k miles /700= .23 cpm, .10 cpm for maintenance , total cost without catastrophe = .63 cpm. Still clearing .47 cpm .

Utahtrucker and BlackKnight 918 Thank this.
  7. BlackKnight 918

Jul 25, 2016
    Yea for leasing that's not bad at all I really thinking bout doing it next year be great opportunity for me especially with my company and trust me I wasn't going anywhere they really treat me good up here

8. maninthemoon1

maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    It doesn't sound like long term it will work being home 3 days a wk and w/ends. Somehow , not only do you have to make the truck payment but also need to build a maintenance acct. You get beyond that warrant period , and out of pocket costs go way up. The question remains to be seen over 2 or 3 yrs if you can manage to feed the maintenance acct. , keep timely payments and manage a savings too. One thing that has been a long time problem with LP , is that many have paid into better than 80% of the cost of a new truck only to fall victim of scams that use economic times as a crutch for the slow freight , and low rates. The end result is they lose the truck after paying 70k into it. I personally been on the brink of buying my own for 4 or 5 yrs now , but absolutely will not do LP. , a bank loan from my bank is the only way I'll go. I just do not trust the holder of the title to my truck to be my bread and butter too. To me it's giving a stranger the right to be the one who controls your financial well being. However , I can see working for a company as a company driver 3 or 4 yrs , and based on your relationship with them going the LP. They're not a stranger in that regard , they know you and you know them.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    BlackKnight 918 Thanks this.
  9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    What the hell do you mean its not bad. 47 cpm is company driver wages.

mmk trucking Thanks this.
  10. BlackKnight 918

Jul 25, 2016
    Driver just like I said before I'm not looking to get rich just enough to where I'm not struggling and my family is happy I don't have a 900 credit score to buy a brand new truck I'm aright and happy with what I make and my calculations a grand home take after expenses is ok with me my wife does hair for a living so we're both ok with children now if you want to co sign on a brand new truck for me text me your number

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  11. Braylean

Braylean Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Those are company wages, but if you buy a truck traditionally then you have the same payments and expenses he does and unless you stumble into a gravy train job then you will average no better. Percent pay sounds good and if you happen to be leased to someone with consistent good paying freight then it is ok if you pick your own loads, but most times it isn't much if any better than mileage pay.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.