Lease purchase for a very small company

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by BlackKnight 918, Aug 6, 2016.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    If you happen to be leased to someone with consistent freight? Dude, it isn't blind luck. There are plenty of good carriers with good paying consistent freight. Mercer, landstar, bennett, daily, admiral merchant that's 5 just off the top of my head.
    Ya you don't get paid for empty miles, so let's do the math. 1.75 ttt average per loaded mile (that's actually pretty low, my average last year on all miles was 1.93) plus 20 percent empty miles. Also let's say you can't get as many miles with the good freight cause well who wants to run 3k miles a week? Screw that, that sounds to much like a job for me. Using 2500 total miles with 20 percent dh equals 2000 loaded miles@1.75 a loaded mile that's $3500 revenue. Using the cost figure above 700 per week fixed cost. Variable costs of 10cpm maintenance and .30 cpm fuel. For a total weekly cost of $1700. That's a net revenue of 1800. A good chunk above the net on the previous example at 1.10 a mile. And it also leaves room for 500 more miles if you choose. That would be an additional $500 net revenue(using the same 20 percent dh and subtracting variable cost on 500 miles) for those weeks you really want to crank out 3k miles. We are talking a difference here of 1000 dollars per week in net revenue. Hardly chump change.

A for needing a 900 credit score...try getting a new truck through lone mountain. They specialize in putting guys with b grade credit in trucks. But yes you need a down payment. But honestly, if a guy can't save up a down payment he is just flat out not ready to be a business owner. Might sound harsh but it is true.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BlackKnight 918

BlackKnight 918 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Well guys I really appreciate it but like I said I'm home thru the week me & the owner talk regularly on the phone me & my dispatcher get along were a family oriented company 10 truck company Trust me I'm happy were I'm at good miles good family time plus I can count when I need em but I appreciate your advice but I'm alright where I'm at trust me

4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Them stay a company driver for them. At the rate they are offering for lp you will be making less money. Don't forget as an lp you are no longer an employee so all those things he pays, you will now be paying. The employer portion of ss for example. Health insurance will no longer be at his group rate. Workmans comp. Etc etc. These extra costs are part of the reason why i scoff when i hear guys saying they are ok with making company driver wages as a lp. Cause the reality is they are making LESS than employee wages

Knucklehead and BlackKnight 918 Thank this.
  5. jinxutoo001

jinxutoo001 Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Why do guys think more miles, more money?
    Less miles, more money!!!
    $1.10 p/m, that is way too cheap. Leave paper logs out of it.

6. BlackKnight 918

Jul 25, 2016
    Driver being home thru out the week even the weekend I'll take my chances being cheap unlike you guys if the math is done right you can make money with the right company

7. BlackKnight 918

Jul 25, 2016
    A grand a week take home after expenses that's alright with me once again if the miles are right

8. vikedog

vikedog Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Valdosta, Ga
    Poor thing, he's gonna do it.

9. jinxutoo001

jinxutoo001 Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I was trying to help you and other drivers out. We have to stop hauling cheap frieght for anyone.
    A grand a week? Is that take home after you put fuel, maintenance account and money back for down time.
    I am not a nomad. The last two years I have worked 6 months per year and made a very good living.
    I'm running this weekend, but it is paying me to. Left the house yesterday after being home 2 weeks and I'll be back there tuesday.
    If it will cost more to run the truck than what I'm making, I let it sit.

10. BlackKnight 918

Jul 25, 2016
    Naw not just in back of my head don't get me wrong I understand there's a lot more out there I know a few brokers who can make it worth my while

11. BlackKnight 918

Jul 25, 2016
    Let me clarify this I'm no rookie been at for 10 years a grand take home in my pocket the miles I run a week my settlement should be over 2800 truck payment taken out etc even put money back to the side once again driver I'm happy bout my take home after expenses if I decide to lease I know there's better out there but if read my entire post once again I love where I'm at

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.