Lease purchase

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dreammaker, Dec 29, 2010.

1. dreammaker

dreammaker Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2010
    knoxville ,tn
    Warning for drivers who want a lease purchase deal don"t go to quality equipment.My truck went down this year spent all my money trying to get it fixed,still have no money. So i started looking for a lease purchace and got got a call from ptl that i could get a truck throgh quality in indianapolis and they would hire my driver to drive. well since being with PTL i have made enough money to pay truck payment and pay ptl for there deductions,I have called and fussed with the dispatcher to no avail, I have made bring home since october $3000 . See qaulity has a deal with 11 truck companys and if you lease a truck from them it goes only to there perferred customers and ptl is one of them,I asked before signing app if thing did not work out with ptl could i move the truck to one of the other companys ,they said we really do not like to do it but if we will if you are not getting the miles or you just can not get along with them. Well a week ago i sent my drivers app to another company that qaulity uses and he was excepted,so i called qaulity and told them i would like to move the truck and was told i have to get ptl to sign off as it says in contract. (It does not have anything about signing off with ptl)I have read and re read,so any way i called recruiter and asked him to sign off and boy did hell hit the roof i was told they make my payments and if it was not for them i would not have gotton the truck in the first place and under no circumstance will they sign off and if i quit i have to return the truck to quality,its been a battle and qaulity will not answer phone or call back,they get there trucks through celadon because celadon owns company,what can i do? walk away?:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Sounds like transport 21. They do the same thing with the multi company lease options.

4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    You're leasing from a private company? It says nothing in the lease about "must lease" with a certain company?
    Take that stupid lease contract to a lawyer or to OOIDA and have a PROFESSIONAL read the thing and then do as they say.
    NEVER SIGN A LEASE WITHOUT A LAWYER! NEVER! Unless you are or were one then you know the saying, Only a fool has a fool for a customer!

Next when you get OUT of the lease and think to sign another one try to research a lot better than you did when you were told PTL!

PTL has several threads here in TTR that would have you running with both hands holding your arse for the hills in fright!

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  5. Panzerflotte87

Panzerflotte87 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Walker, Louisiana
    so im taking it its not a good idea to lease a truck?

6. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    It's not much of a lease if you HAVE to work for their "approved company" list! It's funny but Ryder, Penski and the few other GOOD companies could care less where you lease on as long as the bills are paid! But they also have a "higher standard" as to who they lease to. If you don't fit their standard it's a pretty good idea that you aren't a good candidate for a lease BUT all those other companies will take you in a NY minute and when I say TAKE I mean TAKE you!

CA_Medicine_Woman Thanks this.
  7. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Help! It sounds like Celadon buys a truck, uses it and leases it to a driver under the name Quality which is owned by Celadon Corp. Then the driver leasing the truck must run under the authority of an approved carrier and leases the truck on to that carrier. The driver is paying for the right to use the truck, as long as he pays the leasing company, who then turns around and pays the money back to Celadon.

WOW! Now that we are clear on who's footing the bill, let see if we can figure out where the 10# cast iron wrench is hiding!

8. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    leasing a truck is NEVER a good idea... I hope I wasn't unclear ! why would you pay someone to have a job, lets be clear truck driving is a job.. do pilots lease planes ? do engineers lease locomotives ? do captians lease boats ? maybe a few rich dudes do.. but trailer park, truck driving school grads don't......:biggrin_25515:

9. Morella

Morella Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2010
    On your screen
    We made it through our lease and bought our truck. I'm sorry for those who didn't make it, but...

Nana nana boo boo! I got a truck and you didn't!

10. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    It is important to have a business attitude and some operational guidelines.
    1. Cash is King. Have enough Cash to go two months without a pay check in the event you get sick or in a wreck.
    2. Plan your Work! Work your Plan! Set a realistic and obtainable Goal. If the top line of the budget is met, then managing cost is a lot easier.
    3. Save enough money for an overhaul. It's cheaper to replace the engine than buying a whole Truck. Trucks should last Ten years with a good PM program.
    4. Stay healthy, Nothing else matters if you don't have good health.
    5. Have a working relationship with a Bank!
    6. Get your own Authority and Trailer and cut out the company as the middle-man. The companys are profiting from the drivers hard work. Put fees they charge you back in your pocket instead of theirs.

I figure some common business sense would help those seeking to become self employed.

11. dreammaker

dreammaker Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2010
    knoxville ,tn
    Well guys we just walked away from the lease and told PTL to stick it were the sun don"t shine as for Quality i told them the same but in harsher words,But i did purchase a truck and have it leased on to a company and have been making good money and starting to live again thanks guys for all the responses.

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.