Lease return account

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Jcurran90, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Jcurran90

Jcurran90 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2016
    What's going on with getting lease return account? I do them now for TJ but I signed on with ready Auto transport because they said they where going to do away with the brokers . Sick of waiting 30 days to get paid when I know they are paid within 72 hours plus paying their % which is about $30-40 a car crazy ... Just wish I could walk into a dealer near me and ask if I could move there lease return cars to Manheim...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    The only way you will get lease returns into Manheim is thru Ready, the dealers do not control who takes the lease returns into auction the lease company such as Ford Credit does. You need to be the preferred carrier for the Manheim location you want to haul into, and that status is up to the local transportation manager exclusively. Since you are referencing TJ, I assume you want to haul into either Bordentown or Manheim PA, which neither one is currently signing on any more direct carriers.

I am a direct carrier for two other Manheim locations, the local dispatcher that works for the auction assigns the work to Ready then selects me as the preferred carrier. Ready then sends me the assignment as a "direct to shipper" assignment. Outside carriers are not given the chance to bid or take this work unless I decline it, then it goes on the board for everyone else.

This is a much more complicated than it used to be, before Manheim bought Ready I was a direct carrier for the same two auctions, and had three days instead of two to delivery the units, plus was paid better than now, without anyone taking a cut. All Ready did was shave a day off my transit time, cut 10% or more off my rate, and stopped giving me all the info I need to easily pickup the car (mostly the leasee name and special info such as inop/no keys).

Ziggy319 Thanks this.
  4. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    PS, be glad you are paid in 30 days, prior to the Ready deal we were net 45 days from Manheim. I suppose that is the only good thing about Ready, I get direct deposit within 24 hours of proof of delivery, but still it isn't worth the rate cut I was forced to take. I am still net 45 to 90 days on my other direct accounts, it makes the customer happy that way.

Ziggy319 Thanks this.
  5. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    As Brian said, the dealer has nothing to do with who picks up the lease return. Try Adesa York, PA. Lease and repo units go in there also.

Ziggy319 and brian991219 Thank this.
  6. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    For Adesa it is the same procedure as Manheim only they use Cars Arrive as their 3rd party manager. You will find more open lease returns on Cars Arrive, my brother does this often, seems Ally, Toyota Financial, and many others post their units directly on CA without auction assistance.

Ziggy319 Thanks this.
  7. AlexCarHauler

AlexCarHauler Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Brooklyn NY
    Yep! I'm was working with Bordentown NJ. Since Ready get dispatch, my business going worst and worst, I not more preferred carrier , because they prefer work with bigger fleets((((

8. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    Alex I do a ton of lease returns at Boedentown. What's your company name.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.